car seats into a defender

Peugeot 306 seats, very simple to fit. Purchase 5 door front seat versions (I have the half leather ones) remove the lower components / trim etc and bolt the rails back on spaced off the seat frame with 1" box section, the rails will now be narrower so you need to cut the adjusting bar to make the rails narrower.Then just bolt them to some 3mm angle iron and bolt those to the standard defender mounting points.

That's just what I've done, there are plenty of other options. I don't have the centre seat, imagine it would be a struggle to put that in, possible though.

I've got leather, electric seats out of a Mazda 6. I removed the mounting plates on the bottom of the original runners, removed the air bags and seat belt receivers then bolted them to the seat box. I got the Mazda seat heaters, wired them up and Bob is your uncle! Nice support, very comfy.

My series 2 has manual Recaro's, they are not as comfortable as the Mazda seats.