Door, Oh Door, Oh Door......

Driving to work yesterday (aprox 3 miles) The front passenger door decided it was going to open itself 6 times.

I replaced the lock mechanism and that didn't help, what also doesn't help if the fact that the door is completely rotten and help on by one hinge :(

Anyway.... seeing as they are now in such a state of disrepair (the bottom fell out of it this evening) I need to either have them repaired or get some new ones...

Does anyone have any experience with getting them repaired or who would you recommend to buy new ones....

I'm not even mentioning second hand as rocking horse carp and hens teeth come to mind :)

Any suggestions etc greatly received!

Mat

I have 4 of the metal sections already :) The doors are original '93 and the rust goes well beyond the hinges.

I've seen the youtube videos and they're not too bad but the ones he's repairing look a LOT better than mine :D

Thanks for the advice though :)

Cheers

Mat

Hi Nidge, have just read the thread you linked to...

My opinion is that the whole thing turned out ok in the end...

And yes, the minute one cracks or fails I will post the 'Post Mortem'

My say.....
Just consider an aftermarket skinned door frame for a 90/110 is £280 (Ebay) and

I got 2 COMPLETE doors for just over £300! Now that does compute!
I, personally am made up with the build quality..not being a metallurgist or a structural Engineer,

my opinion is they look a Million times better the 24 yr old OEM doors they replaced...
(I think the Series doors are a far better design for all the things they don't have, that the Defender doors do}
Cheers

Gary

PS. Doors were fitted on the 20th July '13....

Sorry for the late reply, been very busy with other things and forgot about this. I've taken a few photos of the doors, click the link below. They are not as pristine as I remembered, both do have some small holes in the bottom.

http://s200.photobucket.com/user/jmac105/library/Defender%20Doors'>http://s200.photobucket.com/user/jmac105/library/Defender%20Doors