Light hearted feedback required - May be taken seriously if advised...

Well the present Mrs. Freak actually jumped into and used our 110 today.

I gets home and see shes finally back into using it which of course means that I no longer have to clean paw prints off the seats of her Golf and nose smudges off the windows... Yipee I here you all cheer.....

Over dinner she says,

"Whats wrong with it, it doesnt feel as powerful as I remember!"

I gasp and stare.... The V8 is humming beautifully these days and revs to 6.5 without a care when asked.

(Stock engine, nothing fancy)

She then goes on to tell me the brakes probably need some attention as she had to think about leaving more braking space than her Golf!

Nice 03 plate Golf TDi GTi, chipped and mapped to 200 hosses...

Ok.. She may be a little spoilt and I am not gonna try and explain the weight difference and brake technology differences...

What options do I have?

Some starters.....

- Sack the woman, sell Golf and buy decent 90 and spend loads on it like you lucky chaps in these forums

- Keep the woman, sell the Golf and get the 90 anyways

- Replace V8 3.5 with 5.2 with mega EFI and get it up to several hundred hosses and see if she still complains about the power

What others should I consider... Please advise me, you are my only hope.....

Don't let her have the keys & tell here to stick to driving little cars , cos she doesn't know stuff all about big truck like Land Rovers. :hysterical:

She then goes on to tell me the brakes probably need some attention as she had to think about leaving more braking space than her Golf!

:rolleyes::rolleyes: shove the handbook/workshop manual under her nose & say :rtfm::hysterical:

Edited by western

learn to live with it I'm afraid. My wifes the same. We were towing the sankey full of slate a few month back and she pulled out to over take a waggon...............except we didn't go any faster due to being in a fully loaded 110 200tdi, on a slight incline, at 50mph with a tonne of slate in the back of a 3/4 sankey...... :blink:

It all became clear when she informed me "I think it needs looking at coz it notmally goes to 70mph!"

yes dear, it does. On the flat...........without the slate............. :rolleyes:

she's a golf driver too.

Try not to think about it ...... I always find that's best

Mo :D

Suggest she takes an HGV3 license (or whatever classification of LGV it is now :unsure: ).

This might teach the value of leaving extra braking space and prove your V8 is fine!

Cheers,

or just consider yourself very lucky that she likes driving the landy at all... my one has given up liking my one as its filthy (her point being) and not overly speedy, oh yes and the most important charactoristic is that it has a mind of its own when it comes to steering.

she don't like that.. can't see why.

Well the present Mrs. Freak actually jumped into and used our 110 today.

I gets home and see shes finally back into using it which of course means that I no longer have to clean paw prints off the seats of her Golf and nose smudges off the windows... Yipee I here you all cheer.....

Over dinner she says,

"Whats wrong with it, it doesnt feel as powerful as I remember!"

I gasp and stare.... The V8 is humming beautifully these days and revs to 6.5 without a care when asked.

(Stock engine, nothing fancy)

Nice 03 plate Golf TDi GTi, chipped and mapped to 200 hosses...

Ok.. She may be a little spoilt and I am not gonna try and explain the weight difference and brake technology differences...

What options do I have?

Some starters.....

- Sack the woman, sell Golf and buy decent 90 and spend loads on it like you lucky chaps in these forums

- Keep the woman, sell the Golf and get the 90 anyways

- Replace V8 3.5 with 5.2 with mega EFI and get it up to several hundred hosses and see if she still complains about the power

What others should I consider... Please advise me, you are my only hope.....

Don't let her have the keys & tell here to stick to driving little cars , cos she doesn't know stuff all about big truck like Land Rovers. :hysterical:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: shove the handbook/workshop manual under her nose & say :rtfm::hysterical:

Above the post of the single man :hysterical:

Val doesn't like using my 90 as it stinks(her words)

is now far happier with her own 110 as it is nice and clean and doesn't stink.

Above the post of the single man :hysterical:

Spot on Tony :i-m_so_happy:

Val doesn't like using my 90 as it stinks(her words)

your 90 is probably like that cos of the deep river wading :hysterical:

is now far happier with her own 110 as it is nice and clean and doesn't stink.

only of air freshner & girly perfume :ph34r:

Edited by western