Switch drawings

o_teunico

Hi all

I have been looking the way of adding switches for extra equipment to a Disco 200 in a way that they will look as factory fitted as possible.

Switches used in Discovery´s binacle are big and easy to disamble. My idea is to erase original drawing with sandpaper and then print the drawings needed in sticker paper. Problem is that I have been searching the net and electrical cataloges I have in search of a list of drawings to print (heated mirror, winch in, wich out, locker, worklamp...), but with no success. Any advive here?

4qcx.jpg

g9z6.jpg

This three will actívate electric air compressor and lockers.

0ine.jpg

This rack, located between heater controls and air vents, could hold up to ten switches.

laib.jpg

Radio will be relocated at a roof console, and between 10 to 12 switches coud be located here.

0eg2.jpg

Today I have made the first proto. I have discovered that I don´t need sticker paper. Using standard paper and making a "sandwich" with the original plastic and a thin clear plastic (taken from a battery cell blíster) is enough for maintaining the drawing/icon/legend in it´s place. That thin clear plastic will avoid fadding the icon with our finger.

Unfortunatelly my HP printer is not working and I cannot print the icons/legends.

Original icon is made painting white a clear plastic, and then painting black over white for creating the icon. Instead of erasing the black paint with a sandpaper, I think that I could use some white plastic of similar thickness to original. Will search at the recycling bin.

I will need to locate room for more switches. So far, 40 of them:

-Front winch in

-Front winch out

-Rear winch in

-Rear winch out

-Front worklamp

-Rear worklamp

-Left worklamp

-Right worklamp

-Electric air compressor

-Rear diff lock

-Rear diff lock

-Air horn

-Driver seat heating

-Passenger seat heating

-Front fog light

-Rear fog light

-Auxiliary driving lamps

-Windscreen heating

-Rear door´s glass heating

-Rear wash

-Rear wipe

-Mirror heating

-Mirror fold

-DRLs

-Dash light (for using with ignition off)

-Cigarrette lighter (for using as shocket)

-12V shockets

-220V shockets

-Engine driven air compressor

-Valve for extra tank for air compressor

-Fridge

-Radiator fan disconnect (for wadding)

-Rock lights

-Parking assist radar

-Rear anti dust lights

-Garage door/gate remote

rrir.jpg

71m2.jpg

Today I have visited some breakers, and I have obtained RRC switches. They are the same as used in the Discovery, but with a square surface. Beeing that surface smaller than those on the Disco means more switches in same space. Unfortunatelly the icon is made melting black over white plastic and is not posible to dismantle it without damaging the switch, and they certainly don´t have a factory finish after conversión. If square switches are needed, cutting the rounded edge of a Discovery switch is the way to follow.

b4bb.jpgxp8z.jpgt3k5.jpg4avy.jpgrkcx.jpgjw0a.jpgnhgp.jpghccx.jpgjvc0.jpgjn5a.jpg