dashboard warning lights TD5

rowdy

I have a TD5 2001 - I had to brake suddenly and hard on the road - as soon as I did the warning lights for Traction control / Hill descent / and abs all came on at once.They will not go out with the ignition on or when the engine is started.I have checked for loose wiring and fuses - there appears to be nothing visable to cause the problem - Please help as I do not want to take it to a LR agent.

You need to plug it in to a diagnostic computer. A 'hard fault' like that could be in the ABS modulator, but you need to see the fault codes. It doesn't need to be a LR dealer; any independent with a diagnostic machine will be able to help.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem 3 years ago.I replaced the nearside front ABS sensor bought from paddock and then got a dealer to run a diagnostics check.

This reset the computer and the lights went out.

Total cost of fix under €90.00.

a front Hub incl bearing and sensor will cost around £140 plus vat.

It may be something more serious but the front nearside wheel gets most of the punishment from potholes etc so that was the one I looked at first.

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...

I had this similar problem after I pressed hard on brake. I had earlier on changed the rear air suspension bags. Well there appeared all sorts of lights on the dash including the SLS in yellow and green lights for M + S. I bought a New battery but it was short lived as the lights returned once again..

Anyway, the problem was that the dynamo/alternator was squashed and this prevented the battery to be charged. New dynamo and truck is in top form. :closedeyes:

Mine did this intermittently then one day after a run through a large puddle stayed on - even switching on/off wouldn't clear it.

As has already been said, go to a decent independent and get the fault code read. Then you know what your problem is.

Mine said OSF abs. It turned out that the sensor cable hadn't been clipped properly and chafed through.

New sensor plus reset of the code, job done.

Malcolm