eBay Muppets

FridgeFreezer

At the moment I'm flogging and Electric PAS controller on eBay - I worked out how it works after a bit of research and being quoted £350 by a kit car manufacturer, and made my own, built & tested. Plans change so I stuck it on eBay and some bloke PM'd me asking how it works so he can build his own... <_<

Hmmm, sell it to you, or tell you how to make it for free.

How much of a muppet would you have to be to think that'd work? :huh:

At the moment I'm flogging and Electric PAS controller on eBay - I worked out how it works after a bit of research and being quoted £350 by a kit car manufacturer, and made my own, built & tested. Plans change so I stuck it on eBay and some bloke PM'd me asking how it works so he can build his own... <_<

Hmmm, sell it to you, or tell you how to make it for free.

How much of a muppet would you have to be to think that'd work? :huh:

I would say at least 1 in 5 phone calls I get is from people asking me for the dimensions of various brackets I supply so they can have a go at making their own! They even ask what thickness of steel and the best are the ones who ask which lazer cutters are used ' because they will have the drawings on file' !!

The other 4 out of the 5 all want discount - whilst this is to be expected in business I wonder how many of them would still go to work if they had 15% knocked off their wages for no reason ??

Muppets !

David

LLAMA 4x4

New Online Store

I think we just described the landrover scene all over (I am no better really). Which is why i would never try to make a living out of it.

Anyway, the old saying is true: development involves two things: design and copy.

Daan

I like the fake chips idea - I have to admit I filed the number off the top of the chips in these units but also black potting compound is a wonderful thing :D

Simon - I'll tell you but only if you promise not to copy it and paint it orange :ph34r:

If only income tax was 15%...

Not forgetting National Insurance too. Theiving scum... :angry:

And company NI and corporation tax!

John, funnily enough, I have half a dozen cans of orange paint that I feel obliged not to use for anything now. This could be the oportunity they've been waiting for!

Dave, I particularly like it when people ask for drawings of something 'to see if it will fit'. I'll do a 'special' drawing for them with all the hole positions, centres and critical dimensions changed - just enough to make it not fit!

This came back & bit me though! I accidentally sent one of these drawings to be laser cut. Boy did I swear when none of the holes lined up! Realising my mistake - I felt a bit stoopid!

Si