New Magazine Article Ideas???????

SteveG

More stuff on fixing things, LRE :angry: has done a feature on rebuilding a lt77 box. Who is going to do that! maybe 5% of their readership,

i guess i'm one of the 5% then :lol:

although i didn't read the article.

i can see that not everyone would undertake the job though.

It's been suggested before (and not by me, but I can't remember who to credit) but going forward we could look into accompanying the forum with an online magazine

Erm,it was me and another forumeer mate (I can't remember his name though).

:rolleyes:

I had suggested a regular mag in .pdf format,so it'd be easy to print if needed.

;)

I'd love it...

Something you could do in an electronic mag is:

What about identifying problems by the sound?

Each month, supply a couple of MP3's of things like a failing UJ, wheel bearings, tappets, viscose fan not bolted on properly, the washers on the chassis end of radius arms rattling, big ends - the list is almost endless.

I find that listening to the 'bad noise' is the first step in diagnosing a problem and a library of bad noises would be tremendously useful!

Si

Brilliant idea!

I feel stupid asking questions like " I have a weird clicky spikey noise on my steering" Actually not as stupid as I felt reading that snatch block post with all the sin and cos thingies.... ;)

But how useful to have a sound, then a pic of what to check for. ooh you've got me all excited Si :D

How 'bout some articles for the newbies...

- driving techniques for various terrain and obstacles. What to expect in various conditions, gearing, speed, momentum, possible hazards, etc.

- recovery methods for when your driving techniques wasn't as efficient as it might have been, safety when using said recovery systems, vehicle requirements for using various recovery systems, Pro's and con's to the various systems.

What about some ideas for people thinking of organizing events, the logistics, fund raisers, off road, rally, car shows, camps, etc......

just a thought.

cheers, Bill