d1 brakes bleed

doctor

Hi ,I will be putting on a new master and servo on my vehicle.97tdi with abs.I have just bought a sealy 1 man bleeder system.It takes 2 ptrs of fluid and pump pressure into it. I would like to know what pressure I should use to force the old fluid out.It says don,t go past 25psi.I got this unit because I can,t get two people [one on the pedal and me under with the bottle]If anyone has had experience with this unit and pressure used would be a great help.Thanks to all replies in advance. :rtfm:

Hi ,I will be putting on a new master and servo on my vehicle.97tdi with abs.I have just bought a sealy 1 man bleeder system.It takes 2 ptrs of fluid and pump pressure into it. I would like to know what pressure I should use to force the old fluid out.It says don,t go past 25psi.I got this unit because I can,t get two people [one on the pedal and me under with the bottle]If anyone has had experience with this unit and pressure used would be a great help.Thanks to all replies in advance. :rtfm:

Thanks all have solved the issue.

That will be putting it back in it's box. :)

As I did and went back to my old trusty one-man kit (a one way valve on the end of a plastic tube). I replaced my fluid last week the hardest part was removing the back wheels to get better access to the bleed nipples.

Oh right why’s that then, I have to say for me it is one of the best bits of kit I’ve bought in a lot of years.

I've only tried to use it once, that was three years ago and the cap popped of releasing fluid all over the place, going by the instructions I was using 20psi I now understand that it would have been better if I had used 10psi.

And then getting the spare wheel off, lowering the pressure, pumping it back up and refitting, bad enough having to take the back wheels off to get to the bleed nipples. None of that mucking about with a spare wheel with my one man kit, all I have to do is pump the pedal and keep an eye on the fluid level.

Every one to their own. its old school for me every time with my discos brakes :)

I've only tried to use it once, that was three years ago and the cap popped of releasing fluid all over the place, going by the instructions I was using 20psi I now understand that it would have been better if I had used 10psi.

And then getting the spare wheel off, lowering the pressure, pumping it back up and refitting, bad enough having to take the back wheels off to get to the bleed nipples. None of that mucking about with a spare wheel with my one man kit, all I have to do is pump the pedal and keep an eye on the fluid level.

Every one to their own. its old school for me every time with my discos brakes :)

Fair do’s I bought it for the clutch, they are a real pain to bleed butI am going to replace front discs shortly and rebuild the calipers, so will try it on the brakes, I have used 30 psi through mine to get air out without problem, just need a good seal on the cap.

There's the difference, removing air after replacing brake parts, U have to keep an eye on the tube until the last air bubble is expelled so a "working" eezebleed could be helpful there, or just replacing the fluid as I was doing, U only have to check that the fluid is flowing clear in to the jam jar now and again. :)

Well I put the new servo and master cylinder on and tried the sealy pressure pump.I used 10 psi .I started the car at idle ,loosened the nipple on the rear and it would not drive the fluid out,so I pumped the pedal and jambed a piece of wood to hold the brake pedal down and the fluid moved and expelled the air bubbles ,tightened the nipple released the wood and I now have brakes. The difference between the old servo workings was a shock to me .It makes a real air brake noise now and a lot softer brake pedal when pressed and stops better than before.Still out on the sealy though,could be the method I used,but it did fill the master cylinder though.Now to get the abs lights to go out.Will be changing the pads all round and bearings so I see what can be done with the abs .Thanks all have learnt a lot on this forum. :ph34r: