Bolts and Series rebuild, how did you do?

Michele

I'm ready to bolt the body back in place, but I didn't organize things very well so I am now a little lost and can't remember exactly what bolts go where, speaking of the rear tub and cab.

Today I gathered all the bolts and, apart from those which keep the floor in place which are completely different,

it looks like all the others are basically of two sizes; one is the type visible on the rear crossmember (same goes on the other side, behind the cab), and the other is slightly smaller.

Am I right?
I'll go to the hardware store tomorrow to buy replacements (metric), I calculated buying 40 of each kind should be enough.

Does it make sense?

I think it's an assembly tool, not a permanent fastening, and is for the rear cross member bolts. I didn't use it - I couldn't see what use it had. It might alternatively be for use on the far left or right cross member tab when fitting a roof rack ladder or swing-away wheel carrier.

Hi Michele

Yours is a IIA? I think that goes on the front rear body mount that is directly behind the fuel tank on the body side

so the studs go through the tub aluminium and then through the steel bracket on the chassis

Pretty sure there is enough room to use nuts and bolts if you want to

hth

cheers

Steveb