Another hypothetical SVA question

GBMUD

Bet your all glad you've read all that then :lol:

and how many gave up following the first paragraph......relates to one big cluster-fupp <_<

and after reading it, do you think your hybrid, traybacked, bobtailed extreme thingy.....is ok ?

I though that mine was legal when it was done in 99...

Les,

Well found that man!

I think the information is very helpful and if read it carefully, provides some excellent guidance for rebuilds and Hybrids... I had been contemplating rebuilding another 90 but was shying away because of new MOT regs, fear of SVA etc etc.

I suppose the trick for me would be to get the Donor with a "good chassis" and previously fitted disc brakes and send away the V5 (or V5C) declaring engine, fuel and colour changes prior to starting the job. I'd also make sure it had a previously fitted refurbished gearbox. (As you can then count that as "original").

If I get a V5C back without question, then I'll start the job. If I get a request to SVA, I might not.

Is there not some system where you can take a vehicle with a dying chassis to the local DVLA Office and they either transfer the chassis number to your new chassis or change the V5C number for you without loosing the existing vehicle reg?