V8 Injection ECU problem?

stobbie

We have just converted a 110 3.5 V8 to 3.9 Hotwire injection.

We are used to diesels and this is our first injection conversion.

Is it normal that the main relay clicks as soon as I put 12V on the thick brown wire on the multiplug, or should it only click when the ignition is switched on?

When I connect the switched 12v to the white/grey wire nothing happens, the fuel pump does not run.

I have checked the fuel pump relay and there is no earth to the blue/purple wire, so the ecu doesn't send earth to the relay.

When I put an earth to this wire the fuel pump runs, but ofcourse does not switch of after 4 second. I do have a spark. But the engine doesn't fire, so I guess the ecu doesn't fire the injectors.

Does this mean my ECU is faulty? Or can I check anything else?

I have left the wire for the neutral swith of, is that a problem?

the orange/black i think needs to go through a resistor when going from auto to manual but can't remeber what rating.

off the top of my head they're two types of hotwire wiring looms, If im correct yours has two seperate battery feeds for the main ecu relay and fuel pump relay.

The thick brown or brown/orange is ecu 12v+ battery feed, thick white or white/secondary colour (possibly grey) is fuel 12v+ battery feed, and thin white/red is to the ignition, white/purple is to fuel pump.

The other loom has just thick brown to 12v+ battery, thin white/red to ignition and white/purple to fuel pump.

Also don't forget about the two black wires with ring terminals as they're earths.

hope this helps