Stepper motor

Johannadine

Raise the revs of the engine, wait for a while, and then unplug the stepper motor, hopefully the stepper will then be fully closed, i.e. the plunger will be fully extended when you remove the stepper. Clean the shaft of the valve and refit.

Vacuum leaks can be from anywhere, Fuel pressure regulator hose is a definite possibility, but also air flow meter hose, vacuum advance hose, servo hose, cruise control hoses, engine breather, and finally if you have had it apart recently, the plenum and trumpet base. Start with the hoses as they are least difficult to fix/repair, if nothing try squirting with a can of WD40 or something similar at various parts of the intake, if the revs rise you have found an air leak.

Have you set your 'base idle'?

yes i have to 600 rpm. but then as soon as i connect the stepper motor again it rises to 1000 rpm and when i drive and i stop by a stop street it goes up to 2500 rpm and after 5 min it drops to 1000 rpm again.

If hoses or inlet manifold nipples haven't been plugged it would.

"If hoses or inlet manifold nipples haven't been plugged it would" Errrrr :rolleyes: AGAIN... the Cruise Control System has nothing to do with the idle.

That would depend on what gearbox and speedo drive indicator system you have? I am lead to believe(which means I don't know this first hand!) that road speed was indicated by the transducer off the gearbox if it was a digital and not cable operated type, 200Tdi were cable from T-box to speedo head, and 300Tdi was cable to transducer and signal from transducer to CC ECU and then on to instrument binnacle.

Oh and if you can write a description of your vehicle in your signature we may be able to help faster as opposed to guessing and then having to ask you for information to help us help you, just saying like ;)

Speedo/transducer drive is sort of a pass-through arrangement, you still have a cable coming up to the dash:

http://landroverparts.roversnorth.com/Products.aspx?code=821&key=cat

Not on my 300Tdi series Disco, there is nowhere on the back of the dash panel to put a cable in.

Possibly a 200Tdi would have used the same such through driven transducer like this one for use with the cruise control system?

Ah well bit of a caffudly dud when he has since asked where the speed sensor is.

And although yes the 3.9 was from 95MY> this is a Land Rover we are discussing here ;) I seen more mix and match on Land Rovers than any other POS automobileout there :stirthepot:

Still no idea where he is with his truck at this stage though :rolleyes: