Winch Challenge Vehicle Classes

bishbosh

BTW

For the Mike Wolfe challenge Anyone either class can have sat nav GPS systems, std or modified

But there will be no ref points avaiable , just drivers and bitches eyes and cunning :lol:

Seriously NAJW has a very valid point re setting out and being swapmed in rules that cuase probs.

NO rules can ever make all things in life or off roading "Fair", simplicity at least means the rules are clear and understood

Nige

Or you could go the international route for classes in challenge........

Vehicles under 3.5litre

Vehicles over 3.5litre

No vehicle heavier than 3 tonne

No tyres bigger than 36inch Measured, not the size indicated on the tyre :P

Thought that would get you all frowning :lol:

Most of the debate has been about vehicle classes, but what about the team ?

Surely I should be able to get some bonus points for a bitch that cannot find his way out of a paper bag :lol:

When he does find his way out, he inevitable breaks a knee and has to be carried off by first-aiders :ph34r:

Oh and as for the vehicle side of things - come up with whatever system you want, but then make the final adjustment "Divide by build-cost" to keep the stuff grass roots.

Oh and as for the vehicle side of things - come up with whatever system you want, but then make the final adjustment "Divide by build-cost" to keep the stuff grass roots.

i can see that would keep the cheque bookers down a bit, hard rule to enforce cos everyone would be coming up with pub receipts for ARB's they'd bought for a fiver :rolleyes:

i can see that would keep the cheque bookers down a bit, hard rule to enforce cos everyone would be coming up with pub receipts for ARB's they'd bought for a fiver :rolleyes:

Yeah I know it was a semi-serious comment.

I got two ARB's for a shilling the other day.

With Mrs GBmuds spreadsheet you can easily score the event

JSTs 3 classes looks ideal

that way the new entrants and not so keen can enter against like for like

class 3 anything goes(subject to the land being used)

We manged last Saturday event with only a minor wing dent(already dented elsewhere)

there was no need to damage anything the sites were laid out very well

rushing to a punch could have caused damage easily.

we passed on a couple that look definite panel bashers.

I'm glad the standards have been given their own class as the 85% rule was not to my liking personally.

Excellent - I got my disco for free, that's got to be a good place to start from :D

Infinite points, anyone...?

Looks like one winch so if no lockers it'd be standard class in most events :)

Question for those who run events, in particular Neil with regard to the AWDC regs: One winch and no lockers = standard class. Does a setup such as the Ibex vector winch system that allows a single winch to pull from front or rear count as just one winch? Also do/would you allow fiddle brakes in the standard class?

Looks like one winch so if no lockers it'd be standard class in most events :)

Question for those who run events, in particular Neil with regard to the AWDC regs: One winch and no lockers = standard class. Does a setup such as the Ibex vector winch system that allows a single winch to pull from front or rear count as just one winch? Also do/would you allow fiddle brakes in the standard class?

If the Ibex system only allows front or rear pull at any one time I would class it as one winch, in the same way as a demountable that can be used front or rear.

Nothing in the regs about fiddle brakes - perhaps there should be for next year <_<

JST - No not EMIT

:D

I'm not sure if I think fiddle brakes should be allowed in standard class or not, probably not. However if there's nothing in the rules banning them in standard class people (me :rolleyes: ) might as well take advantage of that to get the best possible vehicle they can within the class rules, just like fitting the best winch or tyres that they can.

I think a situation to avoid getting into though is a complicated class / rule set like the anal ARC regs, that would not be good for the sport IMHO.

Neil - but along those lines? (EMT that was)

i understand where you are coming from, keeping people waiting for reuslts at the end is something i think all org try to minimise. and that spredsheet does take some doing, i would have differnet opinions if i was doing the size of events you do.

How about codriver and driver must be under combined weight of 25stone....... (or over) bonus or handicap as applicable.

I'm not sure if I think fiddle brakes should be allowed in standard class or not, probably not. However if there's nothing in the rules banning them in standard class people (me :rolleyes: ) might as well take advantage of that to get the best possible vehicle they can within the class rules, just like fitting the best winch or tyres that they can.

I think a situation to avoid getting into though is a complicated class / rule set like the anal ARC regs, that would not be good for the sport IMHO.

As I said before I don't have any issues with our class structure and I'm not aware that any drivers do (with the exception of gripes with Chris Abel's Rhino).

Our regs are probably the most complicated already by virtue of the MSA cover we enjoy.

A few people have issues with the cut-outs and fire extinguishers at first but soon sort it when advised.

As far as fiddles, I guess some would call it a Modification to the Standard vehicle and therefore should only be allowed in said class.

That said its a fairly cheap and easy thing to do and if all can do it then its a level playing field. Am I correct in thinking that fiddles will not affect the MOT in a taxed vehicle or is that a question I don't want to ask :ph34r:

Neil - but along those lines? (EMT that was)

i understand where you are coming from, keeping people waiting for reuslts at the end is something i think all org try to minimise. and that spredsheet does take some doing, i would have differnet opinions if i was doing the size of events you do.

How about codriver and driver must be under combined weight of 25stone....... (or over) bonus or handicap as applicable.

Yes along those lines but with added benefits from an organisers point of view ;)

yep i know where you are coming from, i looked at this option a while back and chatted through it with White90 although hes prob forgotten now! and funds aside its the way to go, much easier at the end of the day.

On fiddle brakes

are they an aid to traction?

or

an aid to maintaining the desired direction of travel?

i'm thinking side slopes where they are the latter by achieving the former.

i'd run them std i think.

What how is that fair? All cars should have a team weighing the same amount - otherwise i won't be able to have a Co-driver (no seriously mine would have to weight under one and half stone!)