Just getting ready..............

So………… what’s everybody got to do to get ready for FCSW3 tomorrow…………

1) The perches on the replacement front axle are the best part of a inch higher than the older LR axle ……….. I’m told this is summit to do with air suspension or whatever…….. but it means that tonight I will be shoving an inch spacer under the rears to level it up (764 front and 781 rear). So that will be nigh on 3 inches of lift …….. oh, the u/j’s are going love that. :rolleyes:

2) I need to fit a battery cutoff switch ……… but that is a low priority as I can cut the engine with the FP kill switch………. but a ‘nice to have’ all the same.

3) I really need to nip over Brookwells and stock up on spares …………. …………. I managed to rebuild 2 axles from my new spares box ;) …….. however, that means I will need to restock, but I don’t suppose that I am going to need diff preload shims in the middle of a field ! :rolleyes:

I don’t normally do the competition stuff………. what the hell have I signed up for ………… oh yes, I remember, I wanted to test the winch and other stuff in anger……....… I think I’ll just follow Tim around all day so he can get me out the poo :ph34r: …….. and, and, and just look at that start time ………… I’m not very good in the mornings ………. especially early mornings ……….. early being before 10:00

Right now to sneak off out side and get on with it ……mutter …. mutter …. mutter :D

See you all tomorrow ……..bright & early……….. :lol:

Ian

well i;ve put a couple of punches out (although Chris and James did 99% of them).

we've had some rain here too which is going to make tomorrow interesting to say the least- Chris (GBmud) got stuck just turngin wis wagon around on one of the more funky access tracks. ha ha

we've had some rain here too which is going to make tomorrow interesting to say the least- Chris (GBmud) got stuck just turngin wis wagon around on one of the more funky access tracks. ha ha

Sounds like its going to be fun............

about to leave work and put the simexs on the camel for tomorrow

Jim just me now andy has to go on manourvers satnight early sunday so no need to bring as many jaffa cakes

about to leave work and put the simexs on the camel for tomorrow

Jim just me now andy has to go on manourvers satnight early sunday so no need to bring as many jaffa cakes

Cool- if you haven't filled andys place then i'll tag with you after lunch- i am under strict instructions not to trash the noddy mobile!

famous last words there Tim!

Well, as i say, if a job worth doing, Do a proper job !! 2 vehicle (Matt & Paul's), full lenght pull, backwards !! may have to look at ground anchors, !! but even they would have a problem in the bog !!

funny how you came a cropper Tim

I was trying to help in giving advice for a route in :)

I and Nick both drove across where you sank

sorry to hear you didn't :(

the tracks in and the bog swallowed Treeblokes 90 even after he did a full power run up and launch into it (very impressive to watch)

I think a ground anchor would have been fine as there was bedrock about 2-3ft below as I found whilst digging the holeto get punch 24.

if you hadn't driven into that rut in the first place we would have been fine :P

anyway we weren't stuck- just inconvenienced and fancied a rest for half an hour- we only called Matt and Paul out so that they could play with winches and snatches for half an hour.

and we would have been out much sooner if Mat hadn't then got himself stuck!

JIm i got £5 for your drill on ebay last night, after postage thats £1.29 to you, do you want a chq?

told you i would ring early sun ref dropping it off on the way through Taunton, i guess turning your phone off was option 'B'?

oh yeah- option B was "IT'S 8 IN THE SODDING MORNING ON A SUNDAY OF COURSE I'M BLOODY ASLEEP"

glad to hear you got some money for the drill- i sent you an invoice on sunday for hire of £78.30. You might as well keep the £1.29.

no worries, take it off what you owe me this month for being your mate and just pay the remaining £71.70 this month.

alternatively give me a ring and i will see i i can meet you on the way home one day. (for the £1.29 that is....)

PS it was 0845 anyway