Fitting cut off switch

Sorry this one seems inane even to me but given the current that will go through it I want to get it right.

I got a heavy duty cut off switch for my winch. All the others cut offs I have fitted have a central spindle and two side holes to fix into position. This one just has the central spindle but with two "thin" hex nuts on it.

Do I put one on to sit on the battery side of the seat box and the other fixing it on the footwell side of the box, or do I put the shoulder of the cutoff swtch into the hole and then both nuts on the footwell side so that one of them is a locking nut?

There are no washers supplied on the spindle.

I am sure it is rocket science but reckoned the one time it would cause a problem by twisting when I turned the knob was when I really needed it to work!!

The fact that you are questioning the fitting of this switch,I'm thinking you already know the answer to this, but here's my tuppence FWIW.

Like you, I have only seen the FIA type two bolt fitting isolation switch, and I would be wary of the single mount type rotating under vibration and operation of the switch. If I was to use that type,

If I did use this switch I would sandwich the battery box between the two nuts, and use shake proof washers on either side, but I am afraid my paranoia would have me changing it further down the line!

Thanks guys

I have now fitted it with the two nuts on the passenger side of the seat box, so one as a lock nut. Seems to sit nice and securely. Cannot remember where it came from other than it was a higher current rating than the other ones. Not a key but a twist handle. Seems to be quite competent.

Thanks for the suggestions. BTW any sign of it slackening off and I will swap to one nut either side.