Dramatic news for my local Land Rover Club

Mo Murphy

Recognition for the Beds, Herts and Cambs Land Rover Club. Pasted from the club newsletter.

October 5th 2006 was a historic day for BHCLRC

After 5 years nagging and negotiation the club has finally received a signed licensing agreement from Land Rover authorised by their legal affairs director.

The agreement allows us to use the Land Rover name and Logos. We have also agreed to sign over the trade marked tri-county logo to Land Rover who will protect it on the club's behalf with their corporate muscle, with a perpetual agreement for us to have sole use of it.

But the icing on the cake is clause 4.3

4.3 In recognition of the quality of activities associated with Club as regulated by recital 4.1 and 4.2, the Club may define itself as a "Land Rover Approved Club"

We are still negotiating a custom logo to identify this approved affiliation.

Marvellous news after all that carp that went on a few years ago ! :)

Mo

I can't take any credit Stephen, it's the work of Russ Brown and the committee but it is certainly good news.

Mark, I hope it marks the turning point of Land Rover's attitude toward the enthusiasts of the brand and that more clubs will follow.

Mo

woohoo for Mo's club, sounds a bit of a result to me.

its good to see LR taking an interest in the grass roots level of support their products have, i wonder if the push came from the marketing department - its part of the LR 'lifestyle' after all? whatever the reason its good news though.

Mo, no Stephen has replied to this post :unsure:

I think you meant Ralph [me] :i-m_so_happy:

Ralph old boy, please accept my most sincere apologies, for some reason the bog chap was in my mind :blink:

Take 2 :)

I can't take any credit Ralph, it's the work of Russ Brown and the committee but it is certainly good news.

Mark, I hope it marks the turning point of Land Rover's attitude toward the enthusiasts of the brand and that more clubs will follow.

Mo

Recognition for the Beds, Herts and Cambs Land Rover Club. Pasted from the club newsletter.

October 5th 2006 was a historic day for BHCLRC

After 5 years nagging and negotiation the club has finally received a signed licensing agreement from Land Rover authorised by their legal affairs director.

The agreement allows us to use the Land Rover name and Logos. We have also agreed to sign over the trade marked tri-county logo to Land Rover who will protect it on the club's behalf with their corporate muscle, with a perpetual agreement for us to have sole use of it.

But the icing on the cake is clause 4.3

4.3 In recognition of the quality of activities associated with Club as regulated by recital 4.1 and 4.2, the Club may define itself as a "Land Rover Approved Club"

We are still negotiating a custom logo to identify this approved affiliation.

Marvellous news after all that carp that went on a few years ago ! :)

Mo

Well done, but a bit confused.

When all this sort of thing kicked off about 5 or so years ago (can't remeber extactly how long ago). We at shires land rover club (well i was chairman then, but not really involved now , somthing to do with not being able to get to meeting :lol: ) contacted Land Rover and asked where we stod makeing t shirts and stuff with the club logo and the land rover logo.

They were very helpfull and said that as we are a club and non profit making , we could use the logo and hacked land rover logo for the club logo. Thye also sent us a CD with all the print logos for the Land Rover Discovery , Range Rover, , Freelander and Defender. They also sent us a letter stating that we were an autherised Land Rover club, and this gave us the right to use the Land Rover Logo

And to my knowledge have recived questionairs and stuff from Land Rover ever since

Ali

Ralph old boy, please accept my most sincere apologies, for some reason the bog chap was in my mind :blink:

Take 2 :)

I can't take any credit Ralph, it's the work of Russ Brown and the committee but it is certainly good news.

Mo

no need for apologies, I realised what you meant :D

My club (Phoenix) have permission from Ford to use "Land Rover" in our club name but I dont think they allowed use of the logo. Some of our merchandise used to have an altered Land Rover logo with 'Hang Over' on it and I was recently warned (by a LR employee) that all LR employees are obliged to report such infringements to their legal people. I hope he didnt :unsure: