turned away from rtv trial

hi

i was turned away from a rtv/mod trial today because i was to heavy, i took the unimog u900 out to play which is standard same wheel base as a 90 and has a road tax licence but was turned away as they said it was to heavy, even though they didnt know the weight, and mentioned something about gross weight but i cant find anything on the www.

just trying to find out for next time

thanks

I thought there was, but I can't see it. Might be buried in the blue book?

Now that's interesting.

A quick look at my old 2008 Blue Book has nothing about trials a we know them. There's a chapter about reliability trials and car trials but I din't find anything on the RTV.

The Green book ?

Some site owners will set there own rules to minimise damage to the land (actual or percieved), if they own the site basically they can rule anything they like or just tell every one to up and leave, most people allow trials for only a token payment if any at all. You would need to find out if this was a club / event rule or a site rule, possible other sites the club operate on you might be allowed.

Well I've never heard of that before. Might be something hidden in the blue book, but good luck finding it. Quite likely that the sections were designed with a soft roader in mind, and they were worried you'd clear everything too easily. Ask for a a copy of the club SR's too - there are often extra little rules in there, like no diff locks etc...

Yea 3600 is with the tipper body so maybe abit lighter as its just a traction head but il weigh it at work towards the weekend. Thanks for replies I'll have to email the club and see what they say.

They where thankful we where there when there recovery truck got stuck pulling out disco. So yanked them both out at the same time mog power!

I was asked this question on Monday by someone who was there and all I could think was max tyre diameter, portal axles and all up weight.

I know I'm told I can't play in mine :angry2:

Edit:

In fact it was probably Mike who asked me.

Edited by RobotMan

I was asked this question on Monday by someone who was there and all I could think was max tyre diameter, portal axles and all up weight.

I know I'm told I can't play in mine :angry2:

Edit:

In fact it was probably Mike who asked me.

Yes it would be.....I only picked it up from on here.