Urgent: Call for Assistance.

ajh

Nope. Series radiator, exhaust cobbled together out of 90 and disco bits, oil cooler was a Vauxhall callibra gearbox oil cooler I think. Turbo connected direct to inlet manifold, after market cone air filter, that's about the lot. Coupled to a Series 4-speed gearbox, Fairey OD, 3.54 rangy diffs, 235/85/16 tyres and 37 miles to the gallon - can't complain! One day I'll get round to squeezing in an intercooler, I just didn't want heavy chopping about of the front panel. I've got a plan now, but it needed me to install a new oil cooler to make space before I could do it.

Is not as simple as just bolting on the manifolds I'm afraid. The pipework for the turbo will be obstructed by the alternator and pas pump in their discovery locations.

These can't be mounted using 19j or 200 defender brackets because the discovery timing case is in the way, so you'll need a 200 defender timing case, cover, water pump and gears. You'll also need the FI pump brackets from the defender as the FI pump in the discovery position is in the way of the defender timing case. A set of defender fuel injection pipes will also be needed. The discovery dipstick also won't fit with the defender manifolds fitted.

I'd also suggest saving every bolt from the defender engine as at least all the timing case bolts are of different lengths to the discovery casing.

HTH

Mo

I'm not using the PS pump; and alternator is moving to the left side; I'll have to put in a multiple groove crank pulley or similar and use the former alternator bracket to do a tensioner; I haven't worked out exactly yet but it'll be trivial compared to the obstacles so far. I have found a manifold thanks to someone here; so once this is in place and I've worked out where all the pipework goes I'll be able to sort it out.

The other even easier option would be to remove the belt driven coolant pump and replace with an electric one. Then the alternator mount on the left side has its own tensioner built in and will be really easy to align. Either way should be pretty easy to sort out with a lot less work than changing the chest.

Big thanks to Fatboy for helping get me sorted on the manifolds and turbo, now I think I just need to get an Aircon idler pulley and the front cover will be set (didn't remember that Disco sometimes had those :) ) the manifold fits. The turbo exhaust manifold obviously doesn't due to the bulkhead but this is what the SP downpipe should fix, and if it doesn't that's something I can bash and cut and weld up until it does easily enough. Anyone happen to have an aircon idler around? :) After that I think I'll probably just have to offset the 2nd alternator mount to line up and done! :) Well this bit of things.