Td5 Fuel Line Connector Repair/Replacement

Finally got round to figuring out where fuel has been slowing leaking out of my Defender ('06 Td5), it seems the Fuel hose Connector that goes onto the Fuel Pressure Regulator - with the Green hood on it - isn't as well connected as i'd like.

Attached pics might explain the part i'm talking about better.

post-12926-0-33772900-1383773933_thumb.jpg

post-12926-0-60733500-1383773861_thumb.jpg

The slow leak is coming from somewhere on/inside the connector.

I took it off and had a look, there seems to be a small Blue O'Ring inside it, that i'm guessing makes the seal to the Barb on coming out from the FPR.

I don't really want to get into replacing the whole fuel line from the Tank (or is the filter?) for the sake of a small weeping leak.

Does anyone know if you can purchase these Connectors separately, or even the O'rings from inside them?

Has anyone else attempted this?

Cheers

Did you find out if the "blue" colour of the O'Ring meant anything?

I guess it'll have to be heat and diesel resistant?

I thought of getting some 2nd hand pipes and using connectors from there, they only seem to be pushed into the Grey Rubber Hose.

If i was to Cut the Hose Back, heat it and force the new connector in would that seal?

Also had a look on some equipment at work, JCB Engines and Terex Site Dumpers have the same Fuel Filter Header/Connector on them, with the same fuel connection fittings used on the Td5 Engine.

With all this gear using them, surely they cant be unique and unavailable to buy in the UK?

I thought of getting some 2nd hand pipes and using connectors from there, they only seem to be pushed into the Grey Rubber Hose.

If i was to Cut the Hose Back, heat it and force the new connector in would that seal?

The grey rubber is just a coating for a nylon tube, like the one in your picture

There's no markings on the connector to give any concrete clues. I looked on ebay and the major online fuel parts retailers and they don't have anything identical.

A viton seal of the same dimensions would be worth a go before chopping the connector off

I was thinking along those lines, did you ever try to get the o-ring out?

Its fairly deep set without much space to get anything in there to "pick" it out for sizing up and replacement.

I found a repair kit from the company you spoke about in your first post http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-300-Quick-Disconnect-Repair/dp/B000XQ5IO4 its a bit overkill for one weeping connector, but perhaps they do single replacement components as well?

• 2 months later...