Poor Starting/Running

I am not a number

Poor Starting/Running

I run a 1995 300TDi Discovery. I am having difficulty starting the engine from cold. It also lacks in power sometimes while driving. Other times it seems fine.

I have a theory this could be an injector problem but have little diesel engine knowledge and therefore feel unsure about my theory. I do not suspect glow plugs regarding the starting issue because of the sometimes poor running when up to temperature.

Can anyone offer advice please?

As an aside, I also have a 200TDi Defender. Does anyone know weather the injectors and or glow plugs are interchangeable with the 300TDi engine?

Many thanks in advance!

Michael

Hello Newbie , I similarly have been expieriencing same probs . After some help from the forum I decided to start by changing the mechaanical fuel pump and heating `coils` .

I achieved an immediate success .( Although the heating coils were found to be not needed .)

But at £ 15 ish for the fuel pump and £ 10 ish for the coils I thought why not .These were sent from Paddocks Spares in Matlock within a couple of days .

I also changed the fuel filter ( under bonnet )and had an oil change at the same time ( no good servicing on your back in the wet and coold eh ) .

Good luck ,Coachman .