Greenlane trip, invitation to all.

GBMUD

Hi all

In the past I have 'not' organised forum greenlane trips, usually around this time of year, but due to trying to move house it has not been very convenient to do a trip this year.

This time I am planning a weekend trip to Rhayader in mid-Wales at the end of January. I have booked a room at http://brynafon.co.uk/ for the nights of January 31st and February 1st, arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning. I have booked for B+B only but it is possible to arrange the dinner+B+B rate on the day if desired. It might be nice to go out and try the local curry house one evening... The hotel has 18 rooms, a mixture of doubles, twins and some singles I understand. I suggested to the hotel that anyone booking use the reference 'Landrover', just so that the hotel knows who is part of the group really.

There are plenty of green lanes (BOATs and UCRs) within easy driving distance of Rhayader, enough for about a week I should think, certainly enough for a weekend! Consider Landranger sheets 135, 136, 146, 147, 148, 160. FWIW I recently bought the whole of the UK on Viewranger for my iPad and so far I am very pleased with it.

The basis on which I 'do not' organise these trips is that I do not wish to take any responsibility for anyone or anything - especially in the event that something goes wrong! So, what I do is to share the details of the trip I am planning for myself and my wife and then hope that some others also book the same dates and hotel as me! I am also happy to share any knowledge I have of routes (pretty limited TBH!) and green lanes and to pleased receive any advice from anyone who knows their way around and we can take it from there.

If you do decide to book (or plan alternative accommodation and want to come along anyway!), it would be nice if you could post up in this thread so that we all know who to expect.

Hope to see some of you there! :)

Cheers

Chris

Wow that was quick ....

I'm not sure how my little girl would cope with full days laning. I don't know how other people's kids have been ?

She's nearly 2 and anything over half a day strapped into her chair stresses her out.

So to be back on topic .... I'll have to wait and see.

Wow that was quick ....

I'm not sure how my little girl would cope with full days laning. I don't know how other people's kids have been ?

She's nearly 2 and anything over half a day strapped into her chair stresses her out.

So to be back on topic .... I'll have to wait and see.

Unless she can drink pints then she is going to have a pretty dull weekend. Best leave her with her mother/grandparent/social services for the weekend. :P

Dan, pleased to hear it. :)

Ross, you have all of Christmas to weld yours back together - unless you have aspirations to be the new Will Warne... :)

Mo, are you and Neil in one car or two? ...and will he be your uncle too? :P

Chris

Unless she can drink pints then she is going to have a pretty dull weekend. Best leave her with her mother/grandparent/social services for the weekend. :P

Dan, pleased to hear it. :)

Ross, you have all of Christmas to weld yours back together - unless you have aspirations to be the new Will Warne... :)

Mo, are you and Neil in one car or two? ...and will he be your uncle too? :P

Chris

Ground-up rebuild time Chris :). So I'm not trying to be, but might end up with that title.....

So, it looks like we have the following booked - yes, I know some have not posted in the thread but I have spoken to them directly.

John Early90 +1

Steve200Tdi

James Retroanaconda and Ross Landroversforever

SPendry

Mo Murphy and Neil V8 Freak

Dan Dirty Diesel

Chris GBMUD +1

Ashley and Jenny 'Dalai Lama'

James JST and Tim TJ101

Mark and Sam 'Mark'

Anderzander and Cookie64 would like to come. Also hoping to go are SimonR and Chelsea Tractor John.

Does this list look right? Shout if I have missed you!

Chris

Wow! How did I miss this for the last week?

Will make some checks with SWMBO. Likely to have a spare seat if I come.

Aw cr4p! Just remembered, that's my sister's wedding that weekend, grrrr. Think she might be quite a lot peed off if I go laning instead.

Edited by mickeyw

That is a shame Michael. She might see the light between now and then though... ;)

James, yes, I made it home OK thanks. Just as well I did not have further to go as I was asleep within minutes of getting home and would never have made it back to Sussex! I am very pleased to hear that, by pure coincidence, you will also be there that weekend. :)

Cheers

Chris