Changing Injector pump. 200tdi

yes you can do it without a strip down

you need the FIP locking plate and the pin to lock the flywheel.

once locked and fip pulley retainer in place the FIP can be removed.

mine was going okay then I removed a locking pin and the timing was then not certain so I re did the cambelt to be sure, glad I did as the crank seal was weeping into the timing case.

Guest diesel_jim
I have a second hand injector pump to replace a knackered pump on a 1992 200tdi 90.

Will I need to strip down the timing case to change it over? or is there another way fo doing it?

If you have access to the LR "special tools" you can use a "timing gear retaining tool" (part # LRT-12-045... for the 300Tdi, i'd imagine it's the same for the 200Tdi also).

with this, you remove the little triangle shaped inspection plate on the front cover and bolt on the retaining tool. it then holds the pulley in place (along with the timing belt) so you can un-bolt the pump from behind it.

But if you've not got access to the tool, then yes, you'll have to strip down the front cover. a pain on the 200 as you've got to drain the cooling system! :angry:

when I did it , it was easier to do strip down the whole lot, you can also do a complete service whilst messing about. - saves getting dirty twice now doesn't it. :D

If you have access to the LR "special tools" you can use a "timing gear retaining tool" (part # LRT-12-045... for the 300Tdi, i'd imagine it's the same for the 200Tdi also).

with this, you remove the little triangle shaped inspection plate on the front cover and bolt on the retaining tool. it then holds the pulley in place (along with the timing belt) so you can un-bolt the pump from behind it.

But if you've not got access to the tool, then yes, you'll have to strip down the front cover. a pain on the 200 as you've got to drain the cooling system! :angry: