TD5 clutch. The secret to bleeding?

gadget

I feel that the intricate wiggle where the clutch pipe weaves between the heater matrix pipes would be a little more unlikely to rub if the passenger side clip was in place. Whoever it was who thought up the routing for the TD5 clutch pipe must have been a recent graduate or someone who was about to leave the company.

I've got the splice in place for now, just need to get the air out of the system.

I had considered coming off the wing, but again very close to the exhaust. My favourite so far is to come across to centre of the bulkhead then step across to the head with a flexi. Then a hard line from the centre rear of the head to the clutch slave. But it's too bloody miserable outside to be experimenting and i'd rather like to have the car running again. Not to mention evicting the mices.

It

I feel that the intricate wiggle where the clutch pipe weaves between the heater matrix pipes would be a little more unlikely to rub if the passenger side clip was in place. Whoever it was who thought up the routing for the TD5 clutch pipe must have been a recent graduate or someone who was about to leave the company.

It is not so bad at all on a LHD one :ph34r:

Watching with interest and hoping for some photos too.

Partial success.

I have a clutch and i can drive the Discovery! :) It's got a fair bit of free play in the pedal though.

I've noticed something that i don't think is right.

Imagine a length of clear tubing full of fluid with one large air bubble in it.

When i press the clutch the bubble moves say 10cm along the pipe. If i lift the clutch pedal, wait 10 seconds and then depress again the bubble duly moves another 10cm along the pipe.

If i press the clutch pedal up and down repeatedly at a rate of say twice per second the bubble moves 10cm on the first depression and then only 2cm on the successive depressions.

If i wait a few seconds and repeat the above i see the same results again.

Normal or tired mast cylinder?

You are doing it with two people aren't you? Otherwise, any air will move Iike you describe as the pedal moves back and forth.

Not if you use something like a washer pipe one way valve, there are some out there that use a sprung brass ball and cup type thing too.