Braided Fuel Lines Breather Pipes

gruntus

Gents,

I want to run braided fuel lines and possibly breather pipes throughout my 90 for long life (rather than bling :P ).

Are they an arm and a leg and do you know of reasonable suppliers?

Getting ready for the insults.... :blush:

Cheers in advance

G

I believe there are different liner materials available, although I've found that rubber pipe marked "petrol" doesn't last five minutes.

There are indeed different specs of hose....

The fuel hose isell is FIA stuff and is a synthetic rubber inner with the braid actually boded into ( 1/2 covering ) and onto ( full covering ) the inner.

The cheapo stuff is a rubber hose with the braid stretched over it - about £6-9 a metre. Mine is about £24 a metre!

I have done several rally / kit cars with braided fuel hose throughout though there is a better / cheaper way:

Run solid 3/8 copper or aluminium pipes around the car and just use flexi joins either end of it to join to the filter / engine etc. ...

Don't fart about with jubilee clips either - do the whole thing with threaded unions. It will cost you more but you will only have to do it once!

David

LLAMA 4x4

Our motorsport plumbing site

New online store

I have done several rally / kit cars with braided fuel hose throughout though there is a better / cheaper way:

Run solid 3/8 copper or aluminium pipes around the car and just use flexi joins either end of it to join to the filter / engine etc. ...

Don't fart about with jubilee clips either - do the whole thing with threaded unions. It will cost you more but you will only have to do it once!

one word: B&Q microbore tubing - you can flare the ends using a brake pipe flaring tool or solder on an olive.

On hte LWT, I am using braided hose ffrom VWP - been on there approx 4 years; no leaks as yet.