Hydro newbie please help :)

Evening guys,right after a small brake I'm back into the lr stuff,and another winch truck is on the cards!! Anyhow I'm looking at a hydro set

Up for winches! So to kick off iv been offered a mile marker type r that requires a motor, from here I'm blank I know I need a motor,pump,lever's for controls,tank,dog clutch?? But what order type

Size make I'm so confused by it all can anyone link/point me to places to buy this stuff,also pic's of fitted insulations would be good cheers pAul

I went there to see what link it was. I was impressed by "The Type R is fast very fast, but the chain drive is IMVHO a terrifying "Bodge"".

I'd agree with that :)

If you have cash, start here; http://www.firstfour.co.uk/products/hydraulic-drive-systems/engine-driven-high-flow-hydraulic-drive-systems-by-red-winches

And if you haven't, start here;

beastpumpmountandjoint2007.jpg

FrontWinchMountApril2007.jpg

BeastMarch2007dogbox.jpg

RacerHydpumpJune2007.jpg

Beastfront30thJuly20007.jpg

We took our idea from JCB's we had worked on. Hard part was the plate and braces to support the pump. Get these wrong and it doesn't work out well at all.

Gearbox PTO is simple enough, but the winch and drive isn't as versatile as an engine PTO.

The engine pto can be shaft driven on a diesel.

If its 3.5RV8, then here is the drive flange http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=70986 which also shows Cliffs very neat toothed belt drive.

Valve block should be a twin spool/lever to expand to a rear winch later, and be 1/2" BSP in size. I push my luck with 3/8", but I wouldn't on a 2013 build.

Pump and motor are up to you. Most pumps are group2, but there are group3's being used, which is a big pump, which I assume is gearbox pto only?

Mine is a cheapo Parker Group2, with maybe 10-12 cc/rev, for around 35 litre/minute at 3000rpm.