35 x 12.50's on a RRC

jules

I've got some arches on the way but on a 4dr will they fit and how much lift is needed I was thinking of a 2" lift would do but how much needs to be cut out of the rear arches and front ones..

comments please

just before I order the tyres I would like to check they fit.:)

Mark's right - 255 x 85 on a Rangie with a "high level" filler will give you about 2" of articulation before you rip the fuel filler pipe pff. either that or fit 6" high bump stops!

235 x 85 fouls the wheel box on full articulation and at the front a 35" tyre will foul the battery box area. going 12.5" wide is not going to help the situation! :lol:

Mark's right - 255 x 85 on a Rangie with a "high level" filler will give you about 2" of articulation before you rip the fuel filler pipe pff. either that or fit 6" high bump stops!

235 x 85 fouls the wheel box on full articulation and at the front a 35" tyre will foul the battery box area. going 12.5" wide is not going to help the situation! :lol:

I have not ordered them you so it may be better to go for 1050 or 1150/33's

Fit portal axles instead of taller springs :lol::lol::lol:

It's just a play thing a toy for me and a car the misses can walk the dogs in without wrecking her new car..

I also need to look at ramps as I have a very lazy lab which will want to be lifted in and out of jacked up rangy tail gate :lol:

its a truck I bought to brack up and thought it was too nice to brake up so I'm going to keep it as a toy

Don't be so sure Jules - 255 x 85 are 33" and I had a set and took them off before even driving anywhere - you will find that the tyre will foul the rear of the arch with only very small axle movements. Guess what is immediately behind the lower part of the wheel arch - yep, the fuel filler pipe. I messed about for ages with jacks with the springs out to try and get a sensible amount of articulation on the rear and gave up as I wasn't able to overcome the fuel pipe problem.

If you can get over that issue than you might be OK. I do recall them fouling the front of the sills too.... your wheel arch flares may require that to be trimmed off too.....

Don't be so sure Jules - 255 x 85 are 33" and I had a set and took them off before even driving anywhere - you will find that the tyre will foul the rear of the arch with only very small axle movements. Guess what is immediately behind the lower part of the wheel arch - yep, the fuel filler pipe. I messed about for ages with jacks with the springs out to try and get a sensible amount of articulation on the rear and gave up as I wasn't able to overcome the fuel pipe problem.

If you can get over that issue than you might be OK. I do recall them fouling the front of the sills too.... your wheel arch flares may require that to be trimmed off too.....

Don't tell me I will have to drop down to 31" they will be didy little things

Andy & Jez will laugh at me in the street :huh:

34756b.jpg

this was the look I wanted sort of thing

The 90 had a 4" lift so thats no issue

the axle guts will be used but I need anouther set of 4.7 R&P for the tomcat....

rims are sorted BM are sorting the snorkel and arches and the Bumper will follow from Aus in a little while..

its only a toy and run about so it will not have a cage and only one winch

The 90 had a 4" lift so thats no issue

the axle guts will be used but I need anouther set of 4.7 R&P for the tomcat....

rims are sorted BM are sorting the snorkel and arches and the Bumper will follow from Aus in a little while..

its only a toy and run about so it will not have a cage and only one winch

Why not pop the axles straight under and build the tomcat on standard axles until its finished (or nearly finished) and then swap over again? How much will the RR be used when the tomcat's done?

Why not pop the axles straight under and build the tomcat on standard axles until its finished (or nearly finished) and then swap over again? How much will the RR be used when the tomcat's done?

If I can get the diffs set right the RR will be the tomcats tow truck also using it for Rally support for a mate the Tomcat will be a Racer I have scraped any ideas of going back into challenging

sorry mate

for me the adrenilin is very much in racing

and finding a team mate ?????

finding a co driver????

racing is faster and I can still race even on my own it was the Long Vally scor meet I went to it was rain it was cold and the ground was evil I was co-driving in a car the was far faster than enything I have raced before and (we did roll mind you) I loved every minit of it.

each to there own I afraid.

The idea of the RRC is to be a very capeable truck to marshal at challenge & race stuff while the tomcat is being built.

I know it depends on what engine/transmission you are using Jules but do you really want 4.7's in the Tomcat for racing?

Actually jut done some sums and a 1.2 transfer box on 4.7's is about the same as 3.54's with a 1.6 transferbox which is a decent gearing on 205's, and if you are staying with your beloved VC BW transferbox I think they only come in 1.2 flavour?

So come on then whats the spec planned for the Tomcat?

you dont seem to have got quite the answer you want for the original question

pop over to outerlimits and ask there

plenty aussies running this size and they'll be able to tell you from experience.

i imagine a body lift is the norm, something like 2" body and 2" spring, but i dont really know as i have zero experience with rangies. LRA flares seemt o be the norm as well, but i think 'jeztastic' rubber arches would be a good cheap way to do it

'maggot' has a post about his rangie in the 'vehicles' bit here, and if i recall runs procomp 315/75 r16's which are almost 35" i think. might be some info there or you could just pm him.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=8259 there infact.

looks really good and some off road shots to show the wheels stuffed into the arches. really makes you want to own a rangie.

I've got some arches on the way but on a 4dr will they fit and how much lift is needed I was thinking of a 2" lift would do but how much needs to be cut out of the rear arches and front ones..

comments please

just before I order the tyres I would like to check they fit.:)

Jules I have 35's on the d-lander if you want to bring the motor round and try one.

you'll need a 2" lift AND a 2,5" bodylift AND cut a lot out of the arches.

ask me how i know ;)

post-602-1160501774_thumb.jpg

Cool

do you have any pic's of arches that you could mail over to me.

the wheels will be arriving soon so I will not be starting the work for a week or two..

2.5 " lift I may have to make but shouldn't be too hard :huh:

Thanks