headlight upgrade

Try using silicone bathroom sealant to seal your bulbs in and any other hole in the head light-keeps water and moisture out, ok you have to cut the bulbs out when you need to change them, but much better than mucking about everytime you been wading

John

i went for a HID conversion kit in the wipac crystal bowls, awesome performance :) got my HID set at the lro peterborough show 3 years ago and they have taken alot of abuse, even filling the bowls with muddy water whilst off roading, i think the company was HID city

also on the technicalitly front of fitting aftermarket HID kits, defenders win for the first time ever woooo,

defenders are not a type approved vehicle so dont have to comply with type approval restictions like self adjusting lights, headlight washers etc. this is also the reason that we can get away with home made bumpers and suspension components etc :)

I was thinking of upgrading my lights and getting DRL's due to a big accident last July which wrote my 1995 110 CSW off.

It's now sitting on the drive to be repaired ready for it's MOT and VIC.

Any way I dont like the idea of DRL's stuck anywhere to I thought of the mini type crystal healights with the side light in it.

Reroute the side wiring to the head light then some kind of retro fit of a DRL in the side light hole.

All wired correctly so they turn off when normal lights turn on.

I don't want to dazzle I just want to be seen!!!!!!!!

What do you guys think!

James

I have the crystal headlights with the side [pilot] light in & kept the original sidelights,

leave the original lights as they are as they comply with the RVLR 1989 requirements on distance to side of vehicle.or there are combined side/DRL lights that replace the original units. which would still comply & you have the best of both.