front end change

rejo

Anybody changed the wings and grill on a classic to discovery front end. I can remember reading an article a few years ago so I know it's been done. Wondering how much work is involved and what about the inner wings etc.

Cheers.

Anybody changed the wings and grill on a classic to discovery front end. I can remember reading an article a few years ago so I know it's been done. Wondering how much work is involved and what about the inner wings etc.

Cheers.

Inner wings are pretty much the same barring an extension at the top on the disco (see Mark's thread in the disco forum). I'm sure you'd need to change the bonnet as well as the disco isn't a clamshell so the wings are full height.

I can't think of any major gotchas mentally comparing my disco and range rover, but I haven't actually tried it. I'm not going to, either - why would you want to?!! Apart from headlights that work and a bonnet that doesn't rust through, anyway...

Edited to credit the right member...Doh! :blink:

Being a RR owner and having just chopped up a Disco I think you will find that most of the front end is different. Of course, it will only be subtly different so you wont notice until it is too late!

I also think it would be criminal to put a disco front on a RR. But that's just me! :ph34r: