Draft from under the dash

Alsace_rangie

Seeking some helpful hints before I have to work on my least favourite thing: interior trim.

Bear in mind this is a left hand drive 1993 200TDi classic. While driving there is a cold draft on the passenger front side. While sitting as passenger, I pulled down the trim above the small parcel shelf and put my hand into the space. I expected the air to be coming from the side, but the draft was located somewhere in the center, behind the heater.

Further investigation while static (being driven with your head on the dash is not so good) I could feel air coming in and then I felt something that moved and I think it is the heater fan.

Now the heater and vents all work fine, but I am sure I should ne be able to easily get to the fan like that. Any ideas or help on what might be displaced appreciated. Need to sort it our before we get out ususal -10C and lower!

cheers

Thanks, I had a look as best I could and can't see any holes in the bulkhead, but I may have to take off the deck panel to check.

Foot wells is where I expected to find the problem, as it's where I had a gaping hole in my old Rangie. But the draft is definitely coming from higher up in the centre.

My big surprise was feeling something cylindrical with blades that turned i.e. the heater fan. I can't imagine that I am supposed to be able to do that without removing something.

• 7 months later...