Only firing on one side ?

youngy

Can anyone help ? I've fitted my megasquirt and had it running a wile back but I've not been out in it yet since then i had a fuel pressure regulator problem just as i was going to take it for a run

so back in the garage new regulator fitted ……

now when i start it up its only running on 1357 I've got spark on 2468 and I've swapped injectors over from one side to the other and still the same I've also checked wiring could i have an ECU problem or has anyone come across this

any help would be great as I'm at a loss with it now

Many thanks Ian

OK so I've rewired that one side still nothing !

I read about someone who had same sort of problem but for all 8 ! He was told to wire a light bulb up and stick it in injector clip should light up if there firing

so i did this and yes there firing light bulb lights up

Its like its just running out of fuel it fires then dies, but heres the thing after trying this a few times i checked the exhaust manifold it was warm so its firing on the first couple of rotations :wacko:

IM LOST REALLY ANYONE ANY IDEAS ?

Many thanks ian

Morning Ian :)

Yes I have a idea !

This is a very similar issue and nightmare that I had on trying to et the 5.2 running.

The problem is you can't actually see what this issue(s) is so its tricky to know what wrong to fix !

However outlinned below is an odd way of sorting this, hopefully o0nce read it will make sense !

1. Disconect the coils power plugs

2. Remove Planum

3. Remove the Hotwire fuel rail KEEPING all the injectors on it

4. Carefully turn over the fuel rail so all injector are facing up

5. cover anything you don't want soaked in fuel :D

Ok

hwere is the logic.

You really need to be able to draw a line on the injectors them selves and whats going on ...

Injectors can do funny things - they can gum up solid if left or old fuel or high miles, the gum can make the injectors fire and not let any fuel out at all.

alternatiavely they can make the injector squirt a jet vs a atomided spray - jets don't ignite

they can also cause the injector pins internally not to seal and the injector when still pressurized can dribble - will cause a misfire.

So, you need to know what all 8 injectors are doing....

so

1. with the injectors all upside down in the air just turn on the ignition

look at each carefully in turn NONE should show any signs of fuel coming out, if any do take a note of which one and bear in mind they are bvack to front :D

2. Crank the engine and look at ALL the injectors - they should be spraying and anything that has a squirty look or no fuel coming out is then added to a suspect list

rather than jump ahead do this and lets see what shows yp

report back when you have dried off and changed :lol:

Nige

Jets are bno good !

The spark cannot ignite - you have ******d injectors !

None should weep - defo

All should spray - it will be a jet spray, but not a solid jet

You may well have found the problem Ian !

Jumpinmg ahead once its back running on all 8, have the tank low on fuel and add 1 or even 2 tins of FORTE Injector cleaner - awesome stuff !

In the meantime, injector changing tme !

Nige

VERY unlikely that exactly 50% of the injectors have gone bad all at the same time AND they all happen to be on one bank. Buy a lottery ticket.

Do you have continuity all the way - from 12v to one pin of the injector, and then from the other pin of the plug back to pin 35&34 or 33&32 of the ECU plug (or back to the relay board if you're using that).

The ECU has two injector drivers - A & B, so if one of those has died or is faulty it would knock a bank down. The fact they both fire when cranking is a bit odd, and suggests it's not dead. Could be worth re-flashing the firmware & MSQ just to be sure.

Is the ECU one from Nigel or someone else? Are you using Nige's standard MSQ & version of firmware?