Cooper Discoverer STT, right choice?

Paddy

judging by your hobbies, a set of BFG A/T's will most likely find you stuck and rather annoyed more often than you would expect.

they are nigh on useless on wet grass in comparison to a set of M/T's

you cant go far wrong with the Cooper Discoverer STT's or ST Maxxes they have very good on road manners for the type of tyre and off road even the ST Maxx which is an AT tyre.

P.S. my goodyear wrangler MTR's (pattern just been replaced) have covered about 10k miles, and where they dont have massive amounts of tread from new, they do last very well, i can still see the moulding marks in the treadblocks.

they grip well off road i have no problems taking mine into some stupid situations where i am pretty much the only "non special tracks" truck in there and 90-95% of the time i can go where they can.

the other 5% i am stuck but in a rediculous place and have a winch and other poeple about anyway to help me.

the type of stuff that if you were alone you would have turned back a long time ago.

the discoverer STTs are as good, with the benefit of more tread depth from new.

im probably going to go with a set of bfg when i can afford it,i wouldnt be doing more than 15k miles a year but these country roads full of potholes ruin tyres im hoping the bfg will be stronger. being in ireland myself i know what you are faced with the mud always seems to be wet and sticky except for the 2 or 3 weeks of good weather in june, my current tyres which are cheap AT's just cant cope with it.

I have BFG's 265/75/16's on my 90 they were on it when i brought it, it has now cover ten thousand miles in the last three years in my ownership and they still look the same they did when it got the truck, they work well on the road, but really excel in the mud / woods, where it spends most of its time, and when, and that's a long way off, the do wear out, I will be buying some more.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided on the Cooper STT, well pleased with them, well mannered and quieter on the road than the Hankook AT’s they replaced. Not been off road yet as only fitted today, but they look real aggressive and are filling me with confidence, they really are for getting me out of 'sticky' situations.

Crazy prices or what ??

Paddocks price + vat and converted to Euros is €150 NOT delivered.

I got mine from this crowd http://www.oponeo.ie/details-tyre/cooper-discoverer-radial-stt-235-85-r16-120-116-q#50087949

€143 all in and delivered to Ireland within 3 days. Polish company that ships from a German warehouse to Ireland in 3 days for less cost than me collecting them from paddocks !!