What's the best anti-corrosion product??

I used Galvafroid on a boat trailer. The main support beams have been Galvafroided from new steel & in the main, although brittle its been good.

Where there is an issue is where water from inside the boat whilst on the trailer drips onto the rear of the steel the galvafroid doesn't last & rust then works under & lifts more of it. I've cleaned & repainted that area on an annual basis, so I'm a bit disappointed.

Rustoleum - combicolour, brilliant stuff, used it on my 110 and my Transit. Hammer****e is rubbish nowadays

Another vote for the above. Have also used Toolstations primer followed by a couple of coats of their metal paintpaint. Seems to be relatively chip resistant. Not bad for the price either

I've just finished one rock slider in epoxy mastic 121 with a top coat of hammerite. I have also painted some test pieces of scrap metal in just epoxy mastic 121. One piece was a rusty dirty piece more like what you might find on a hard to reach place on a Land Rover, I wiped it quickly with thinners then painted it & the other bit was a new cut off piece bought for welding. I plan to leave them outside for 12 months & see what happens unless somebody has a better suggestion? I thought maybe leave in some salted water even or buried in a little mud?

Anyway it will be a long term test to see how this epoxy mastic 121 holds up, so check back in 12 months guys for the results. ;)

I've just finished one rock slider in epoxy mastic 121 with a top coat of hammerite

Mastic AND a top coat?

This 121 stuff sounds a bit like POR15, sticks like sh... to anything rusty and hard as nails.

I still don't understand what's so great about Waxoyl re-applied yearly, I'd expect you could coat your chassis with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter once a year and it'd be as effective. If Dulux made you re-paint your house every year no-one would buy it!

I used a top coat on the epoxy paint as it's not UV stable & requires a top coat if exposed to the sun, otherwise it gives a chalky look. Top coat is not required though on under body applications.

The epoxy paint is different stuff to the POR15 as the epoxy is 2 pack & needs mixing. I looked into the POR15 in the first instance but didn't like what I was reading about it being hit & miss. It needs to be applied to metal work that has been prepped 110% & really roughed up or rusty metal. I read lots about it lifting & not adhering properly in lots of cases even with people saying they used all the correct POR15 products & good prep. The best results seemed to be from being applied to rusty metal surfaces much like the hammerite claims.

If I was planning a Land Rover restore I would be using the epoxy paints like the epoxy mastic 121 or the Jotun range on the whole shell & chassis, followed by a wax underbody treatment like Dinitrol. http://www.dinitrol.co.uk/rust_prevention_waxes_and_oils.aspx I have a few new tins of waxoyl so will use that for now as I already have it but for future jobs will use the Dinitrol as it has a good reputation.

Much like RustyNissanPrairie and UdderlyOffroad, I like Rustoleum Combicolour.

I sprayed all my cappings, roll bar and bumper with it and they came up very well. It's lovely to spray and can be applied straight to bare metal, although I put some old red oxide on first for good measure. A lot of people on the internet have sprayed or rollered complete cars with it.

Unfortunately I found it does chip very easily if you ding it with something metal however, the nato green in the rear tub has faired much better than the combicolour on the inside of the tailgate.

For the chassis/wheel arches the Waxoyl/Hammerite combination stuff works well because it never dries and so doesn't chip.

An old MoT tester recommended to me a 50/50 mix of new engine oil & grease. Applied with a paint brush. Works too.

You just have to be careful working under the car!

Tried this myself mainly because i had a great big tin of tractor grease i bought by mistake some time ago, im still testing but so far its working very well, coated some new steel with it over 6 months ago and its been sat outside all that time and not a spot of rust on it to date, should be great in cavities