my 200 project

alland

Been there, done that....

Still doing it! Sills on Jordan will need done this year, not looking forward to welding that pig again

Get back in your basket you :P

You love welding almost as much as me lol, follow a link in my project rusty thread in members vehicles and you'll see how masochistic I have been to help out a fellow Discovery enthusiast ;)

Actually, here you go

Get back in your basket you :P

You love welding almost as much as me lol, follow a link in my project rusty thread in members vehicles and you'll see how masochistic I have been to help out a fellow Discovery enthusiast ;)

Actually, here you go

You do know that one can get a pill from the Doctors that helps with the affliction both of us seem to have acquired? It doesn't stop you from doing it, you just don't give a sh!t.

hi nige ,jeff yes it doesn,t help that week before last i pulled my back out doing a block pave drive moved 4 ton of garder and lots of blocks ect with the landy it worked hard fairplay so ive bought some new bays and other bits going to do it up as good as i can i do like the 200 s they got a qwerkyness about them ive also picked up a lowish milage r380 box and transfer box for 100 quid out of an 98 disco as my mate brakes landys as mine jumps out of 1st gear .

I see you went for the total removal, as apposed to the cut and insert option... I think this is the way to go, but £250 for 1 new wing as well as all the other steel repair panel, its not cheap at all...

I'm sat on the fence at the moment with my Disco re-build, I've found a slightly less complete wing section for 1/2 as much ££ it doesn't;t include the light front assembly, it comes in a little better with my budget... but I just don't know...

Looks nice and tidy

hi maverick yes it is v expensive its from yrm metals ive opted for the weld together yourself option lightbox £75.00 and bays 80 pound ive got lots to do but ive set myself a tast to turn this old shed into a as good minter getting there ..and i like a 200tdi

eTBHG9X.jpg

HMs1GqW.jpg

JlUG2GQ.jpg

coGGlH4.jpg

baPUlxZ.jpg

sX5qrmD.jpg

I took the plunge for the "1/2" inner wing! It should help me along hopefully. Your work looks really tidy! and I'm quite jealous you're on as far as you are ;) I decided to go with butt welding my new panels to try give extra stiffening to my repairs as I've got an extra heavy body due to the role cage, certainly makes a more time consuming process to fix the panels on, also trying to put some heavier plate in places to try avoid cracking/buckling that I found on mine. but anyways I rant.

A really tidy job, that with a lick of paint will look factory unless you start really looking hard!, something about driving a freshly welded Discovery feels tremendously solid! :i-m_so_happy: :i-m_so_happy: :i-m_so_happy: :i-m_so_happy: :i-m_so_happy:

yes i know what you mean i diddn't find the spot welds that impressive so ive tack welded it every other inch or so to help im absolutely knakared its more or less there just bits now on to boot floor next week and rear crossmember then ive got other side floor and bay then its ok by me some more piccies :i-m_so_happy:

l3sinf0.jpg

k4CRoQx.jpg

Psj9qEQ.jpg

YCVGhE4.jpg

a8P8HJU.jpg

8XSzPL8.jpg

yy6DDPB.jpg

j2siWvT.jpg

IQlbBNp.jpg

zZgJUjW.jpg

BpVX08n.jpg

kZAhfqf.jpg

hi well it was a nightmare to cut the new front of the headlight box to fit the trimmed down 200 front of the panel but i got there .

ive managed to coat it all in a type of shutz underneath that comes out v proffesional so im quite chuffed .

so im onto the back end omg what the have i done lol well ive took off the rear quarter panels and the inner quarters arned rotten but seen better days . but ive had some luck a mate that has a broken low mileage 200 has mint quarters so im going to remove them spotwelds and put them on mine and the whole boot floor and crossmember i know the landy is not worth it but oh well

8Btm599.jpg

wBjvavg.jpg

Y0Xu6KA.jpg

7babR8z.jpg

cpt75R1.jpg

fu7h1MS.jpg

Jk3R8Lx.jpg

zrSS6oQ.jpg

JwrzZKG.jpg

qMp4tuz.jpg

YbSQU8y.jpg

eFbfSfI.jpg