Halfords Tool chest deal

Les Brock

Couldn't resist this, been looking at tool chests on ebay for a while now, but nothing comes close to the price of this, bottom roller cabinets were looking to be about the same price, probably should have gone to look at one first but a few mates have halfords chests and they're happy with them.

Going to pick it up in the morning will post pics and first thoughts tomorrow

That is a good deal.

I have the same top two units, and the bottom cabinet with 2 drawers and a hatch. All good sturdy kit - mine is overloaded beyond belief and still standing.

Not sure I'd pay £250 for the roller cabinet on its own though ...

I don't understand the "bundle offer".

What is in the bundle? Or am I sobering up?

G.

Sorry, got it! You get two or three together - it wasn't displaying properly!

G

I have had the 5 drawer bottom chest and 7 drawer top box now for about 5 years now. cant fault them apart from the fact i have outgrown them and they dont do a wider version

and the little rubber catches have worn out on the most frequently used drawers. other than that theyre still top notch!

Well as promised picked up my tool chest combo today, first impresions are good, well packaged, good qaulity finish and the drawers are smooooth.

As it comes

647cef17-303b-4dfd-97ae-c90a256f40ed_zps

First job rip open the biggest box and stick the coasters on

DSCN0563_zpsc2aa578b.jpg?t=1390492225

Then repeat as neccesary with the other two boxes and stick it all on top of each other

DSCN0568_zps3a0ecaac.jpg?t=1390492403

Didn't have much time to play with it as got wind the misses was on her way back, best not get caught at the moment i thinks

Did manage to put a couple of trays in though

DSCN0569_zpsaff62799.jpg?t=1390492520

DSCN0570_zpse3fa0192.jpg?t=1390492641

Hopefully going to get out tomorrow and star filling up it up

Very happy with it so far, only issue i can see is that there are 3 different keys, having said that it will probably never be locked

Mark

Had mine about a month or so, great to have the space at last and they are ok.

Only complaint is that the top box is always overflowing so I cant shut the lid and had to leave the middle box out cause I cant reach, I've put it separate with electrical stuff in it :)

Well as promised picked up my tool chest combo today, first impresions are good, well packaged, good qaulity finish and the drawers are smooooth.

As it comes

647cef17-303b-4dfd-97ae-c90a256f40ed_zps

First job rip open the biggest box and stick the coasters on

DSCN0563_zpsc2aa578b.jpg?t=1390492225

Then repeat as neccesary with the other two boxes and stick it all on top of each other

DSCN0568_zps3a0ecaac.jpg?t=1390492403

Didn't have much time to play with it as got wind the misses was on her way back, best not get caught at the moment i thinks

Did manage to put a couple of trays in though

DSCN0569_zpsaff62799.jpg?t=1390492520

DSCN0570_zpse3fa0192.jpg?t=1390492641

Hopefully going to get out tomorrow and star filling up it up

Very happy with it so far, only issue i can see is that there are 3 different keys, having said that it will probably never be locked

Mark

the lock barrels are cheap and available on our favorite generic internet auction site you just need to search for a barrel matching one of the codes on the existing barrels.

Hi Mikey, i had thought of thatbut to be honest i really doubt i shall ever lock it, it was just more of a gripe as if i was selling them as a combination i'd give the option for matching locks, only nit picking though because everything else is spot on

Mark

no, halfords sell those plastic inserts with the tools in seperate,

unless they have expanded their range they only do the 1/2" drive socket set, 3/8" - 1/4" drive socket set and a metric spanner set (with pipe flare spanners)

pretty in comprehensive kits there arent any spanners or sockets "missing"

the only extra spanners i bought were obviously an AF set a metric stubby set, and metric ratchet spanners which halfords also do.

the only sockets i have bought extra are E (Female torx) bits and a set of hex key sockets.

I dont have the 1/2" drive set by halfords, mine is the old (when it used to be decent quality) draper expert. but i honestly cant fault the halfords tools at all yet! i want to buy the !/2" set because it keeps everyrthing so organised and you can clearly tell whats missing after a job

sorry, probably preaching to the converted :)

Halfords Professional tools seem very good - I have their 1/4 and 1/2" sockets, plus their metric spanners. My only issue with their sockets is that they only make double-hex sockets on the 1/2" stuff, which leads to a lot of rounded heads on seized bolts. They need to make single hex too.

Halfords Professional tools seem very good - I have their 1/4 and 1/2" sockets, plus their metric spanners. My only issue with their sockets is that they only make double-hex sockets on the 1/2" stuff, which leads to a lot of rounded heads on seized bolts. They need to make single hex too.

My Halfords set has a range of 1/2" drive deep sockets which are single-hex, as well as some impact sockets which are the same.

Hmm, mine are only single hex on the 10,11 and 12mm sockets - the rest are all double. I'd prefer them all to be single, with the option of buying individual double hex sockets for things like calliper bolts.

My Draper imperial set is all double hex, except the small ones, too.