Wolf PVC Replacing original Cavas 110

Taffia

Hi,

I have a 1995 110 with what looks like the original canvas - and now quite a bit of Gorilla tape!

I was looking for a replacement and saw the new PVC type canvas off Wolf etc on ebay.

Can I just swap and fit one of these or are the fittings differant - are they better than canvas?

Appreciate any feedback as otherwise I am thinking of starting an allotment in the back of my 110 as it has a very good sprinkler and irrigation system at the moment!

Thanks

Taffia (Moist but not sodden)

Simply 110/90 wolf canvas won't fit a 110/90.

The wolf rollcage is quite a bit higher than standard, so you will have a lot left draping over on the sides of the tub, this will also affect the vertical drop on the rear of the front doors and the tailgate.

The tub fixings for the majority are in the right place or near enough, but you need the height of the rollcage to achieve the correct length.

Other things to be careful with, you will need a flat type screen header rail for the later td5 on / pvc hoods £70-100. Yours is probably a round type channel at the moment.

HTH

Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only thing i would add, i believe wolf roofs are glued together, my all wheel trim ripstop roof is stiched with cotton thread, consequently the thread has now rotted, and the panels ( which in them selves are fine) are comming apart every time i take the roof off when the sun decides to comes out. Nearly all military vehicles, Hummers g-wagons etc all have glued roofs as far as i can tell.