Quaife centre diff

white90

Dam! I wish I'd seen that! For the price it went for I'd have bought it without thinking. I'm already on one centre diff this year and that was a properly built one with a solid cross shaft :ph34r:

P.S. Jim, bling give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside even if you can't see it :P

A peice of useless centre diff trivia for the rivet counters among us. In the mid 1960's Rover breifly offered a 4 pinion limited slip diff option for front and rear diffs on series 2A LandRovers.It was known as the Salisbury Power Lock. Unfortunately the side and pinion gears were a bit small and proved to be even less durable than LandRovers existing 2 pinion diff so the option was discontinued after only a few hundred were made. When the first RangeRovers were built they had limited slip centre differentials for a breif period. I rebuilt an early Rangey centre diff once that had broken both cross shafts and 2 of the 4 pinion gears as well as worn limited slip clutch plates. I found that these parts were identical to those off the old series 2A Salisbury Power locks which I had in stock.Only the spline in both side gears differed. The later non limited slip centre diffs (both LT95 and LT230)continued using the same pattern gears and shafts.

Bill.

Will if you runn with the center diff locked offroad, you won't break it....Full stop :ph34r:

It's when you dick about with it disengaged that you mess them up.

Here endth the lesson..... :P

Jim :D

Yeah, unless it pops out on a hill climb and then goes bang :( I never like running the diff open off road for that reason. Since then I've tweeked the linkage a little more to stop this happening.