Santana water pump - agua de bomba

brianj

Hi everyone

First up, Santana, 3.5 diesel LWB, 6 cylinders, year 1988

Second - what type of pump is it and where on earth do I get a new water pump? plus all the extras!

Don't seem to be able to upload pix on here so will link to blog tomorrow.

Many thanks.

post-2489-0-62525600-1391716180_thumb.jpg

I thought Santana did the thing LR should have done, and slap a few extra two cylinders on to the 2286.

I suspect a rover overhaul kit would work, but I wouldn't put money on it. If someone has an o/h kit about, and a calipers, then we'd be able to measure and compare.

G.

Brianj, do you have the series workshop manual, as it covers this procedure? It's widely available for download, likewise the parts handbook.

PS, I've always had an interest in these licensed variants - they show what LR should have done, would have done, if they had the clearance and funds.

First, thanks for comments and suggestions

I cant help on where to get one but its not a Landrover compatible pump as the case is the wrong shape at the inlet to the block area. Would a Landy 2.25 pump overhaul kit fit your case?

Yes, it's not remotely LR. Doubt it.

I thought Santana used Iveco engines, but I don't remember a 3.5, are you sure that is right?

Iveco came in much later. originally a LR engine but a couple of pots added on by Santana. Def classed as 3.5 on all paperwork.

I thought Santana did the thing LR should have done, and slap a few extra two cylinders on to the 2286.

I suspect a rover overhaul kit would work, but I wouldn't put money on it. If someone has an o/h kit about, and a calipers, then we'd be able to measure and compare.

G.

Brianj, do you have the series workshop manual, as it covers this procedure? It's widely available for download, likewise the parts handbook.

PS, I've always had an interest in these licensed variants - they show what LR should have done, would have done, if they had the clearance and funds.

I've got Series II and III petrol workshop manuals and parts cats. No diesel. (Our Series is petrol and currently V8)

Anyway, the shaft is broken, hence needing new.

It's a great vehicle but Spain doesn't have the maintenance history, manuals etc that we do. So sorting them can be a real long-drawn out procedure.

Absolutely agree though, five speed gear box, power steering, still leaf-sprung, perm four wheel drive, disc brakes on the front, and composite roof. A class vehicle. Don't want to scrap it, so need to try and sort it out for the sake of water pump!!

There aren't many of these vehicles left, ours was running in tandem with 110s and was probably one of the last before the Defenders started. Very similar, but still leaf-sprung.

I'll update on here if I get any more feedback from elsewhere (I've asked on Spanish forums too).

Hi!

As you will know, Santana ceased in 2009. Iveco no longer stocks parts for Massif, neither old Santana.

ESTANFI was the company that took over all of the old Land Rover Santana and newer Aníbal/PS10 parts stock.

http://www.estanfi.com/esp/acuerdos.php

According to the Santana parts catalogue I have, the pump from the six is different from the four pot.

Six Cylinder: 118676

Four: ERC2482, later 118674

Good news, looking in a S3 military parts book because that gives individual part numbers for the shaft, seal, impellor and pulley flange and comparing them to the numbers in the posted multi language list above for the 6 pot tells me that a 2.25 repair kit will sort out your 6 pot pump. The only part that does not match a series 2 or 3 pump is the pulley flange and they are not part of the kit anyway as they are reused.

Part numbers I gave were for series III/IIIA. I supose that it will be the same for the series V.

Here you have the complete water pump parts list

Ola. That is fantastic, where on earth did you get that catalogue? Your numbers and Eric's info match up perfectly.

Do you know we could buy a catalogue? we have tried for ages, so far we have a few pages from the manual rather than the parts cat.

Just a quick thank you to everyone for your very helpful responses, which are superb, at least we have hopes of repairing it now without too much problem sourcing the parts.

Phil, we're going to go with the spanish bits hopefully, but at least we know we can hold that option in reserve, thank you for looking.

Here is the blog post, don't think I have posted it above, but been a bit busy over the last few days.

http://justlandrovers.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/santana-water-pump-agua-de-bomba/

Thanks to everyone once again.

Back in 1998/1999 I saw an ad at a spanish 4x4 magazine from a guy that had for sale a Santana parts catalogue. Unfortunately he already sold it when I phoned, but he lived just some miles from me and he kindly made a copy from the catalogue he kept for himself.

In 2002 a friend of the Club Land Rover Todo Terreno digitalished it with an auto feed scanner he had at work. We also scanned the Santana Series III owners handbook.

I don´t have the digitall version, but you can find it at http://www.clublandrovertt.org/ , but I guess it´s only available for members (I´m no longer member of that club, but hope to join again soon).

A search with e-mule type thing for "catalogo de recambios land rover santana serie III-IIIA" may work.

Eric, that's great thanks, there are loads of then out there. That is perfect. How on earth did you find that??!!

GIYF. I just took the partnumber from O_Teunico and put it in Google together with "waterpump". You get a lot of hits then. Mainly from spanisch sites.

In less then a minute i found it was the same as the Dolz L110 waterpump.

So all the credit has to go to O_Teunico for supplying the partnumber.

Eric.