Still having brake problems...

ejparrott

Lubricating the threads may help considerably, though that could make it easy for the nut to come undone later. You could lubricated them for the crushing job, mark the nut again, then undo it to clean the threads off before refitting. Remember to peen the nut when it's tight.

What about lubricating the threads with Loctite?

Lubricated when tightening and then dries to prevent the nut from loosening?

The trouble is that you have to tighten the nut incrementally to check for bearing play, just a bit at a time so you don'e overload them. It all depends on how quickly the Locktite goes off, and i my experience it's too quick.

The trouble is that you have to tighten the nut incrementally to check for bearing play, just a bit at a time so you don'e overload them. It all depends on how quickly the Locktite goes off, and i my experience it's too quick.

Wicking grade applied after assembly?

• 1 month later...

I ordered new bearings and seals yesterday. I thought if I'm going to strip the diff out and put the 3.54 diff in, I might as well have new bearings....otherwise knowing my luck it'll only throw the bearings in a month or two....

Need to do seem heavy reading now in peoples threads, and Dave has leant me his workshop manual too.

This will be fun.... Any volunteers for Easter weekend?!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got it stripped today...seemed very reluctant to come out of the case, hope I haven't stretched it.

007.jpg

All the bearings and seals are here, I'm going to pop the old bearings off, transfer the shims from the Series diff to the 110 diff, then fit the new bearings to the 110 diff....I'm thinking that should be fine. I have spring balance to check the pre-load with a bit of string wrapped round the input flange, with luck that will suffice and I won't have to do a complete strip down and set up as from new.

Off to read posts now!