Breakdown Cover

Spearos

Touch wood, my 90 has never let me down in the 7+ years I've had it but it's always good to be prepared. With this in mind I've recently changed bank accounts and no longer have the inclusive breakdown so I am looking to get some cover for my wife and I on my 90 and her Golf.

My only 'want' is for the vehicle to be returned to my home address should it breakdown.

So... Suggestions, recommendations please?...

ADAC, no question. Under £100, European cover, any car.

That sounds good? For refference, My RAC cover which I am happy with (to now anyway) is £10 per month with relay any car (card holder so even if as a passenger) but UK only.

You may have thought of thhis already but worth looking at is if a long distance home is it a single journey home or multiple relay trips as this will/can mean a very long and tedious trip back once recouvered!

Marc

Wow,

Just read Jason's experience and I am amazed! I guess it is a mix of German expectation for high service and the cost savings that a country that large can offer?

I was amused by the recovery trip though to Paris to Germany to England?

Great service and very cheap, this will make me think about moving.

Marc.

Anyone have any experience of Auto National?

For the cover I want they appear to be the cheapest - rather than covering myself in any vehicle I just want cover for 2 cars. Can't see myself taking either into Europe anytime soon so European cover isn't a must.

Got mine inclusive with my insurance at NO extra charge. I only want the vehicle brought home too, and three years ago the clutch failed on my old Astra while I was at Pickering in Yorkshire, and it was brought home to Kent in one hit.

The recovery vehicle was a subbie to Green Flag, and from my call to their arrival was.....................18 minutes !

And it never cost me a penny.

I gave up with the RAC after I had to wait nearly five hours in the cold

I guess it is a mix of German expectation for high service and the cost savings that a country that large can offer?

Yeah, that, or we get arse raped in the UK by the AA (same company (ARC Europe) as ADAC and AA provide ADAC assistance in the UK), RAC et al.

ADAC also provide cover in Mediterranean countries, including those NOT in Europe. IIRC TJN of this forum was recovered from Morocco when his 130 gearbox went.

Having broken down in the UK on two occasions and needed ADAC assistance, I was not impressed with the way it was handled by ADAC trough the AA - only that it took a long time to get actual recovery though, the AA were their usual inefficient selves.

Chris

I have yet to call on my ADAC membership but, yes, the UK (AA) element of the service is the only thing that worries me.

Veering slightly off-topic, anyone else get the ADAC magazine delivered this week? "Die Krise als Chance" was the cover story....I've left that on my desk at work, dropping not very subtle hints to my project team ;-)

Touch wood, my 90 has never let me down in the 7+ years I've had it but it's always good to be prepared. With this in mind I've recently changed bank accounts and no longer have the inclusive breakdown so I am looking to get some cover for my wife and I on my 90 and her Golf.

My only 'want' is for the vehicle to be returned to my home address should it breakdown.

So... Suggestions, recommendations please?...

Hi,

If you have a moment please feel free to take a look at what our Breakdown policy offers.

www.adrianflux.co.uk/breakdown

Regards,

Dan.

Hi,

If you have a moment please feel free to take a look at what our Breakdown policy offers.

Regards,

Dan.

Just had my renewal for Flux breakdown cover & they will not cover vechicals over 2500kgs mgw ! (mine is a 110 csw)

Dan.

Prob even better to suggest people take a very good look at your terms and conditions and your small print

I had the huge misfortune to try you out on my 90 a year a so ago....

Dreadful absolutely dreadful ending up with me registering a FSA compliant with flux after hugely misleading and poor service and evasive compliant resolution and getting a full refund of my premoum and re insuring elsewhere

I have been royaly pi55ed about by your company to a worrying degree Thank god I didn't have a claim and sorted out proper insurance and didn't trust you

I say thus as a member not as an administrator.

When i hear the words adrain and flux my teeth grind and the nightmare you put me through comes back

I have had a look at the Flux web site and I believe they will do the breakdown cover for the 110 if I insure it with them ! This seems a bit odd if I can't just have the breakdown cover on its own. I also had it set up for automatic renewal on my credit card they would have taken the money but I would have been left without cover. So always read the small print.

Dan,

This forum is not here to provide free advertising for your company. I think every post you have made has been of the "take a look at our services" type which is why you were placed on mod approval some years ago.

You are welcome to join in the discussions here but in letting you stay kindly do not continue to abuse our good nature and attempt to use this forum as a promotional tool.

I also chose ADAC as they cover old cars (can't remember what the limit is with RAC and AA, but newer than mine) and trailers. I had the good fortune to give it a test run on only my first full day of ownership (foolishly collected car without taking a full tool kit with me). After phone call to Germany, confused AA man turned up quite quickly and ripped apart steering column shroud to find the loose connection on ignition switch that I suggested might be the problem (he was quite interested that it was cheaper for ADAC cover than the AA equivalent).

I'd have to dig out the paperwork to be sure, but I think it's offered as an 'extra' with my insurance from Peter James (who I swapped to after Flux started charging stupid amounts of money). Its worth checking with your existing insurer whether they offer anything as a bolt on extra, and as far as european cover goes, if you don't plan on going abroad, why pay for it! If you do find yourself driving somewhere foreign, then see about a short term cover.