Forum Announcement

white90

In response to all your comments on the "Are people staying.." thread we are pleased to be able to announce that it is our intention to keep this site running as a permenant home for its members. It will have a new name, LR4x4.com, and there will be no ties to any mags. With Group ownership and self funding it will remain fiercly independent. We hope you will all stay for the ride and help make this the friendliest forum with the best Tech for Land Rovers on the net. LR4x4.

Donations for hosting running costs welcomed to:

treasurer@lr4x4.com

via paypal

Excellent news, ....really really well done to all concerned.

Perhaps now we can finally relax and put the last few (very unpleasant) weeks behind us all . :(

We now know we have stability, :)

No more worries or wondering "whos going to do what next to whom" nonsense..... and talk LRs :o ...and it has developed quickly to a great forum, ...and very quickly too... :D ....

What plans are there to get it onto search engines / members and other web sites and other links to advertise its here... so it continues to grow and flourish ? ?

Nige

PS Donation also sent :)

The sites are seperate now Siggy. Trev (bigfoot) has the old LRE site, which is now Land Rover Addict forum, and we have this site. The name will change very soon to LR4x4. It'll also get moved to a new server. Other changes will happen as quickly as possible and you will all be kept informed of developements.

This is the 4th day of the changes, it unfortunately takes an amount of time that we have no control over. The other Moderators knew about this 24-hours before this thread was posted by Tony. The forum name and the paypal account were set up after midnight last night. LR90 (the other Trevor) is arranging a better server with help from Geoff Beaumont, who currently owns this site. We have on one occasion sat on msn all night discussing the best way forward to keep the website what we think you would all like.

Already the web address www.LR4x4.com will bring you to this site. Geoff is away for the weekend, so next week he and LR90 will sort out a new server, the size and type of forum. We anticipate the growth of the website, so we'll buy in advance enough space to ensure there are no problems. Some of you have already donated to paypal, and thankyou very much. There will be arrangements for other forms of payment in the near future. The important thing we feel is that you all now know that this is a permanent home for you if that's what you want. There have been many arguments on and off the forums and posts on here asking why the secrecy and what is happening. Well you all know from reading this thread. Other posts will have to just disappear into the archives. Any comments on all of this are welcome and we'll listen to what you all have to say about this. I have made a post on Land Rover Addict forum about this and There is no conflict with Bigfoot, the moderators, or indeed the forum members.Some moderators work on there as well as here, and that's ok. Similarly, Bigfoot is ok with me continuing over there as a forum member, and he is still welcome on here, not only as a member, but he has access to the Mods forum as well. That's it really, if anyone needs to know more, then just ask.

Les.

www.LR4x4.com

Whoah - hold your horses, boys.

I think I deserve some of this money.

After all, it was me who kicked the whole thing off.

That's what we entrepreneurs were put on the planet for.

Hows about splitting it 50/50?

Richard

PS I'm not normally this nice. It's been a long week

Les

The trouble with you is that you don't take things seriously.

Rather than air our dirty washing in public, can I suggest that my accountants meet yours some time next week - my place, no rush.

Richard

PS I'm not normally this nice - it's been a long week

Glad to see we're staying here and that we have a new name, although I thought that Nigel's idea of LRE was a good one (Land rover eejuts perhaps :lol: ).

I haven't got Paypal but a cheque will be on it's way to Tony shortly.

I haven't got Paypal but a cheque will be on it's way to Tony shortly.

Paypal (so long as it's bin set up) will accept a card without registering or anything.

Si

Unfortunately you do have to register with Paypal to be able to use the system.

Very useful system - suggest you register anyhow.

Register with Paypal here