Wiring Question

Cat_J

Hi all,

I'm starting work on my new wiring harness soon but have spotted a strange circuit (or lack of) in the main wiring diagram. The engine is a 200TDI and I'm referring to the 2.5 litre diesel wiring diagram. I see that 79 is the oil pressure sensor and 69 the guage which is fine, all the ciruits to them make sence. But then I noticed 53 and 38 which are oil pressure sensor (again) and oil pressure warning light, this has an earth after the sensor and appears to connect to a dotted line only, at the other end.

So the dotted line has me confused, i'm not actually sure what its supposed to denote. I thought at first it was superficial and just grouped the warning lights together but this is the only possible +ve for that light so it must have some purpose. Also this makes me think there are 2 pressure sensors becuase one is labelled 79 and the other 53 but I only know of the one in the filter housing.

I have a lot of experience actually building wiring harnesses as its my job, but none designing one from original ciruitory. Most of it seems pretty straignt forward as you would expect on a defender but i'm a bit lost with this bit. any help would be appreciated, i'm sure there are many here who have done this before.

Thanks

EDIT: Actually the other thing that made me thing there are two pressure sensors is the fact that the oil pressure indicator one must be variable whereas I would think the one for the warning light would have to be a cut off switch at a certain pressure. Unless the light attached the the guage or something.

I am just finishing a 2.5NA to 200tdi swap myself. The 2.5NA had a 1 x Oil Pressure sender and 1 x Oil Temperature sender. Both are mounted in the oil filter housing. The Oil temp sender (and gauge) are military spec. for when the vehicle spends a lot of time stationary charging batteries. I have transferred the Temp sender to the 200tdi without problem (so I do not have to mess around removing the gauge).

I hope this helps