Extra Sockets In The Rear

white90

having been given a fridge as a present for my birthday, and us being off to Belguim next weekend

I have the need for some extra cigarette style sockets in the rear for powering/charging things

any suggestions welcomes pics even better.

I purchased a plug in doubler today that I may be able to rewire and use, any better ideas?

I was going to feed direct from te batteries so the fridge is one all the time and I can run a work light charge the impact gun when needed.

The internal rear light cover is an ideal location and was where mine were prior to becoming a truck cab, I ran a + from the battery along the chassis rail on the passenger side, there are loads of protrusions to cable tie to, allowingyou to keep it out of harms way and then just earthed through chassis.

I managed to get two demo covers from where I work, not sure where they came from but the rubber covers are rather hard to get off.

As others above have said, the inner cover for the tail lights is a good place and where I have mounted my accessory sockets for fridges etc. I don't know whether you can get them over there, but the proper accessory plugs are a much better idea than cig lighter sockets. They don't vibrate loose, and they can carry 20A, which the ciggy jobs certainly won't - guess how I know :o

Something like these:

Narva

try vehicle wiring products they do a bank of three DIN sockets with mounting you coudl wire in, most cigarette type males fit din as well, in my experience anyway, if notthey also have male dins so you could change the ends.

is it perm or just for the belgium trip?

try vehicle wiring products they do a bank of three DIN sockets with mounting you coudl wire in, most cigarette type males fit din as well, in my experience anyway, if notthey also have male dins so you could change the ends.

is it perm or just for the belgium trip?

I wired some auxiliary sockets just for this purpose. I took the main feed from the second battery (Optima Yellow Top) so that even if I leave things running too long it won't prevent me starting the engine. I fiited a fusebox to the bulkhead behind the driver's seat and ran the cables through the bulkhead and behind the Lasalle trim I fitted. The sockets are in this piccy between the storage box (home made black box!) and the electric cool box but can be anywhere convenient. I used Vehicle Wiring products sockets.

Imgp0407.jpg

I can control which sockets are on or off via a switch panel I fitted here

Imgp0413.jpg

The benefit of this is that I can leave the coolbox on all the time but switch the electric kettle on a few minutes before I stop for a brew!

I designed this set up for long trips abroad and it worked fine.

Tony what sort of fridge are you planning on getting, if its an Engel, there do a hard wire kit that connects into the lead, with a quick disconnect, that then converts back to a cig lighter plug for if you wont the fit it into another vehicle. Its a must if you get an Engel.