33" or 35" tyres on classic

garymorris

Right , I've just bought a range rover 4 door classic and want to fit some 33/12.50x15 or 35 , so what mods need to be done to get them to fit ?

I don't really want more than a 2" spring lift , so is it possible to use a combination of body & suspension lift ?

I dare say that some arch trimming/butchery will be required then extended arches :)

So come on , what have you done and show me yours :)

Gary

What he's saying is that the spring lift will give more clearance on the level but when you flex the axle the wheel will go up until the axle hits the bump stop (or the shock or spring hits its limit which may cause them damage). You need to extend the bump stop or lift the body or hack the body away.

I have 31" tyres (265), 3" suspension lift, no body lift, I've trimmed the arches at the top of the flare and my rear tyres hit the inner arch around an inch before the shocks bottom out. They also rubbed the radius arms on lock before I limited the lock, which isn't ideal either.

I've never tried but I would imaging 35s would give problems with the rear doors?

D979F8B6-A777-40D6-89E1-15A854375EBD-497

0F290672-6E73-4584-939E-072E775CECF1-497

903CA9E3-3246-45E2-8DAF-939B8C90E48E-497

IMG_1183DesktopResolution_zpse1cb6bd3.jp

Surely a suspension lift will help ? It's moving the body 2" up/away from the tyre or am I missing something

Yes. Putting in taller springs does not change the amount that the tyre can move. This is limited by the bump stops. Both 33" and 35" require a lot of trimming. Just Google for photos.

To fit 35" tyres truly require quite a bit of trimming. I have 2" body lift, cutted arches and unknown lift on springs (guessing about 3"). With using quite a big offset wheels this setup is just about OK.

In upcoming time i am going to get rid of bodylift and completely redesign wheel arches. I've already destroy them when fitting Equipe4x4 suspension kit, so it will not be a big deal when i made completely new one.

IMAG0480

• 5 years later...