Registering a 101

roguevogue

I am getting a 101 which is yet to be registered. It has no engine at the moment so I'm planning to fit a tdi.

My question is, does the engine fitted have any bearing on the registration process? Obviously it will be a different number and type, not to mention fuel type.

Any help generally on the process to register will be greatly appreciated.

When I registered my 1952 scammell , I had to get proof of age/ heritage off the scammell registry so I could get an age related plate (non transferable).

The information they put on your log book (or whatever it's called now) is from your letter and the info you tell them .

The only other annoying thing is you have to have the vehicle insured to register it even if it's not on the road , which mine wasn't as I was doing the diesel conversion.

I went to my local Dvla office to do mine but unfortunately these seem to be closing .

They weren't bothered about seeing mine , so if you have to do by post you should be o.k .

Hth

Gary

You may be ok now local offices are closing, but I've just tdi and lt77 converted a 101 and technically you should loose the points on the chassis too as you need to weld in New engine mounts (not gearbox mounts though)

Thankfully mine is already registered though so no hoops to jump through and red tape registering.

You can get the correct forms from the DVLA website for registering. But bare in mind there a lot of questions that you do not have to complete for older vehicles (e.g. CO2 emissions, towing weights, dimensions, etc).

You do need a release note from the military or a letter as a substitute (like I had) and it is straight forward.

Thanks Andrew, it apparently has the required paperwork to register, my assumption is that it has never had an MOT so hasn't been registered since release.

I'll add some pics when I pick it up.

Military vehicle on military plates are exempt MOT test but still have to comply to be safe & roadworthy,once cast from service they need a MOT test as any other civil registered vehicle, your assumption is correct.