Who'd be interested in a treasurehunt event

GBMUD

I have been looking into what is required in order to run an event on greenlanes and found this document from the MSA. So, would twelve people be interested in some light greenlaneing with a purpose?

I would propose that the event be open to (and completable in) any Landrover product (Freelander may suffer ground clearance issues and there may be some potentially scratchy foliage). Speed not an issue and simex, winches, lockers etc. not required. Minimal entry fee to cover costs only and include minimal prizes. :) For the time being I would suggest Wiltshire as a location since I live there and we still have some greenlanes round here.

When would we like to see this event take place? Before Christmas could just about be done. What about the idea of camping out say, Saturday night and having the event on the Sunday or vice versa? I am flexible, suggest better ways of doing it. :)

Chris

Yes please!

before christmas or after, I am not worried - camping out in the months soon after christmas can be kinda chilly, but still do-able.

I like the camp saturday, hunt on sunday idea.

Possibly a suggestion, but how about using a scout hall or the like as the HQ. Everyone can sleep in the relative warmth, and they don't cost loads to hire. Porbably cheaper than a B&B and its nearly camping...

Mark

Chris, Can't do the New Year weekend, though am free for our annual 1st weekend in January gig probably.

You're not planning on using tulips are you, no offense woosy TJ! ;) The whole point of a treasure hunt is that you have to hunt out the route using cunningly crafted clues surely? ^_^

Running it as a scatter rally is a lot better. Theres a no limit on numbers and you have less people going down the same route. I did enough questions that it would have taken 3 days to do them all :D . Another point is make sure you do not charge for entry as it will come under a lot of other rules. Donations are ok, you can not give prizes, but can give awards. Prizes will make you come under a lot rules as well.

Paul

OK, that is enough yesses to make it worth running. When would we like to see it happen? Before Christmas, between Christmas and new year or after new year? [Japanese game show]You decide.[/Japanese game show]

Chris

Put me on the list please Chris, anytime around Christmas. (Whisper - B&B please :D )

Running it as a scatter rally is a lot better. Theres a no limit on numbers and you have less people going down the same route. I did enough questions that it would have taken 3 days to do them all :D . Another point is make sure you do not charge for entry as it will come under a lot of other rules. Donations are ok, you can not give prizes, but can give awards. Prizes will make you come under a lot rules as well.

Paul

Paul,, over the years, have organized 100's of MSA club scatter's, 12 cars & road rallies etc,, but as we are a group of "friends" a lot of the rules do not need to be applied

Think Chris had the idea, to run as a "Treasure Hunt" type of event, so being able to take in a few greenlanes,, running as a scatter, their "should" not be any defined route, and have no advantage of visiting more than 75% of the ref points

Running as a scatter, you will have to put a "finish by" time, as you will always get the odd competitive competitor, trying to get as many as possible,(to the max 75%) hence traveling that bit quicker !!

But agreed 100%,, run as a scatter can be fun,,