Who'd be interested in a treasurehunt event

GBMUD

Still no idea what we're doing at Christmas :rolleyes: But this sounds fun! Up for camping/whatever and can probably annoy a few more into coming as well if necessary?

Will have to check with 'him-in-doors' first though... :ph34r:

Jen

Jen I don't know who has all the old club stuff but when we started the Shire's most events were road rally/ Randonee style on the plain.

Ali, John and I route loads of tulip note books for the events I would imagin very few of the current member have done that sort of thing. we only stopped doing these events because it was knoking on the door of the comp clubs and the insurance was a little iffy.

Thanks for your interest everyone. :)

can probably annoy a few more into coming as well if necessary?

I think we will find enough entrants from the forums for now Jen - remember 12 is the max.. :) Since I am now a member, we could run the same route and clues for a SLRC event in the spring so saving set-up time.

I also think it will be impossible to set a date to please everyone so I will choose a date to suit me or the majority - in that order! We can always do it again some time if everyone enjoys it this time round.

PaulH, I will be in touch. :)

As TJ101 says, I like the treasure hunt type/set route format as it allows me to set a suitable route. Not sure about using tulips or a map. Mapping is easy (although everyone needs OS maps) , tulips take some messing about drawing - unless there is some computer based method of doing them easily? Anyone?

Chris

I think we will find enough entrants from the forums for now Jen - remember 12 is the max..

...I have a very short memory... :ph34r::lol:

I also have a CD full of 40odd tulips in .bmp format (can change if you want) I used to do quite a few Subaru events with which can be posted if necessary? Doesn't matter if you use them or not, but if it would be useful for this event or future reference just PM me an address B)

Example:

15.jpg

I also have a CD full of 40odd tulips in .bmp format (can change if you want) I used to do quite a few Subaru events with which can be posted if necessary? Doesn't matter if you use them or not, but if it would be useful for this event or future reference just PM me an address B)

Example:

15.jpg

jen could i have a set please.

also is that tulip saying drive through the nearside front wing of the nearest landrover? :)

Example:

15.jpg

Jen,

Can I have a copy please, possibly pick up at Old Sod?

x

N.

make it simple please.don't even now what tulips are! (well i do but not in this sense)

They are simple but you do need a good odometer - trip computer, GPS based odo etc. Basicly, you get a sheet or booklet with lots of tulips on. Each has a distance marked on it, that distance being the distance from the last tulip. The tulip itself is essentially a simplified map of the junction or feature you find at that point, so the one shown is "carry on under bridge". Another might be "turn right at T-junction". You then reset the trip and move to the next tulip, very easy really. :)

Chris