110 2.5na to 200tdi

So how close to the bulkhead in the 110 engine bay will a 200 disco engine attached to the 110 gearbox sit?

Is the input shaft splines the same on all the lt77.

How much does the bulkhead need to be hammered to fit the down pipe.

I dont mind a bit of modifying as I do some offroading in the 110.

Engine sits in the same place input shaft fits a disco clutch and spigot. You need to move some bell housing studs and countersink/change some of the lower bolts. As for the exhaust down pipe in a nutshell the disco one doesn't fit at all you can either fit a Steve parker down pipe, fit a 300tdi manifold and turbo (moves the exhaust completely fwd) or cut a big hole in the bulkhead and practice your welding and fabricating skills or change the gearbox and move the engine fwd (needs new mounts).

Mike

This close

DSCF4228.jpg

I was going to modify the bulkhead and make my own down pipe, but once I got the engine in, I bought the Steve Parker down pipe, it just wasn't worth the f******g about. Make sure you cut the bolts down first as well, as it really will not fit.

The down pipe is a fairly decent bit of kit, good clamps etc, the welding could be a bit better, but I am fussy.

As already said the bellhousing bolts need a bit of tweaking, the biggest PITA was the oil cooler pipes, I had to replace the power steering pressure pipe as well.

Intercooler/ air inlet pipes were a bit of a faff and I have yet to finish it properly, and please forgive the K&N it is only a temporary fix.

DSCF4226.jpg

300 manifold every time. Makes the exhaust easy. I had to do it with my 109 because the 200 turbo fouls the chassis rail, but after finding out how much easier it made life, I'll be swapping the 200 for a 300 when the 88 gets a new chassis. I now recommend everyone doing a conversion to use a 300 manifold on a disco 200

300 manifold every time. Makes the exhaust easy. I had to do it with my 109 because the 200 turbo fouls the chassis rail, but after finding out how much easier it made life, I'll be swapping the 200 for a 300 when the 88 gets a new chassis. I now recommend everyone doing a conversion to use a 300 manifold on a disco 200

So have you got a standard 300tdi exhuast attached to it too? - I would be interested to see how you've hooked up the air system.

Cheers

Mav

Yes an no....I took the 110 300TDi standard system, and had to make a few mods....and a few more now I've fitted the LT77! Currently investiating a custom engine mount for the n/s as the downpipe just toughed it so I had to kink it to leave room for vibration. Then it was round a crossmember, over another, and the whole rear section had to be straightened out as it flipped out the chassis where there's space on a 110, but a leaf spring in the way on a 109! I might have some photo's on my photobucket