My almost spotless P38 meets its end. Anyone needing bits?

SmasherWebbs

Sadly MOT man said my 1999 2.5dse P38 is burning to big a hole in the Ozone and failed it on emissions 30% over limit.

Even after throwing money at it the dam thing still sits 0.25-0.4 over the upper limit :rtfm: Dam EU!!

So I have no choice but to sell for bits (or a whole)

Both inside and out the RR is close to showroom new. minus a few light scratches the gold body work is rust free and the drivers seat shows the only wear inside.

On request I can send photos if anyone is interested

If the motor car is in as good condition as you say, its fixable.

Maybe some specifics on the emissions would indicate whats malfunctioning, could be something as simple as a worn out MAF :)

As for the EU, it would be in order for the money you have spent, to have at your grasp some specifics ? A good analysis of what comes out of the back end should give a very good indication of what parts are at fault. Hardly the fault of the EU if the technicians you employed have palmed you off ??

I agree go with the simple fixes first, and try a different independent LR friendly garage. The lower cost things which you may have tried, like putting a new oem air filter, adding a bottle of redex diesel restores treatment to 1/2 a tank of fuel which has a lot of naptha in. next level would be putting a mid range semi synthetic oil and new filter in. Then looking at your exhaust gas sensors to check the sensor wiring.