Suprise Suprise Megasquirt Edis 8 no spark

PeteMck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry there have been no replies. Didnt mean to be rube but i havnt been on here in a while due to work and as such havnt progressed much with the landy either.

Megasquirt still isnt running. Got annoyed with that and got round to doing a compression test and 2 cylinders had dramatically lower readings so against everyone saying get it running before stripping, ive started to strip it down. :D hopfully get it back together in a couple of weeks and then ill no its a problem with my wiring.. you never no i might even stumble accross it when i put it back together..

yer but was kinda hoping to find something majorly wrong. actually looks in pretty good nick. getting the heads pressure tested and stuff and then put it back together and then hope i discover my mistake with msq as i put it all back together. :s problem is i dont know that the engine actually ran when i got it. ah u live and u learn. :D

If in doubt, leave the settings as it arrived from Nige - almost anything should fire & run from those even if the tune is a bit off. Before Rover V8 maps were around more than one fired & ran on the default Megasquirt map which is for a Chevy V8!

Then just work through things methodically starting with the basics & don't skip anything because you think you already checked it.

• 4 weeks later...