Hi Chaps

I have the offer of a 1999 Discovery cheap (Yes I know) it has done 190,000 miles

My idea is to rebuild the TD5 Engine as mine has done 185,000 and is not very well and swap engines. I am running about 175Hp on the Defender so The question is, the Disco engine runs ok but high mileage, can I get away with just shells and a re bore or is there other stuff that can be done that would benifit the engine whilst I have it out, also can they be bored out larger safely if needed . Used to do all sorts of things with Cortina Mk 3 Pinto engines and now am a bit out of touch, or change the whole engine for a V8 and LPG it ?

Engine is the same so will fit, you'll have to swap the looms though. Block wise it's probably fine as is, they don't wear at all. Same top end, if it's running fine, leave alone other than maybe injector seals and the FPR.